Saturday, November 14, 2015

Free cafe rio

Saturday 11.14.15

After our less than restful night, I stayed in bed until 1:30 pm, only getting out briefly to pump a bottle (she only ate one side because she slept all night... That's why I actually like that she still wakes up once) and carry Elizabeth upstairs to put her in her crib. Seriously, I couldn't make myself get out of bed. Even though I was feeling improved from the night before. 

Honey delivered this sweet little bundle to me and  then took Abigail and Brady to breakfast at kneaders with some friends of ours. 

Abigail's hair is so fine that it tangles like a spool of thread. Suggestions? I only bathe the kids once a week so my favorite hairstyle for Abigail is the messy bun. It's quick and easy and Abigail loves that we don't have to painfully brush out her hair. 

As a result, she growing one crazy dredlock out of the top of her head. I tackled part of this mess before finally giving her another messy bun and sending her off to breakfast. ; ) 

Oh, there you are. I forgot you were still here. I should probably unswaddle you now. 

Honey took the kids to sports authority, aka "the golf store" and Brady loved it but hated coming home. He emptied this colander of food toys by saying "here's some cheese" and flinging the cheese at Chris's head, and on and on. I thought it was hilarious. 

I took this picture when I walked past their room. Well Abigail's room but they both sleep there. It looks like a quilt made of books. Also, Abigail's diaper leaked out on her bed but I felt too sick to wash her sheets and do laundry so I had the brilliant idea to have her sleep on the crib mattress and move Brady to the sofa. With a fitted mattress pad and crib sheet. It works well. 

My friend Sarah is cheaper than I am. She alerted everyone in our ward fb group of free cafe rio (a meal for you and a guest) for the first 250 people that signed up. I signed up for two so we wouldn't have to share ours with the kids (pork burrito for them). It was delish. Not as good as costa vida, but still great. Woohoo for celebrating the grand opening of cafe rio in castle rock! 

Abigail was so cute when she was making Elizabeth laugh. 

Brady was acting mostly normal but kinda sick and had a snotty nose. He was crying at dinner because his lips were so chapped he couldn't eat. The poor boy. Also, honey started on his spiraling downhill decent and felt horrible at cafe rio until his three ibuprofen and two DayQuil kicked in. He took two naps this morning before 1:30. Two. 

On our way home, honey and I were lamenting that it was only 3:39, which was not late enough for all of us to go to bed. We killed an hour at the park and actually enjoyed ourselves. Honey listened to his favorite songs on repeat and I talked to him, repeated everything ("I got the gist of what you were saying..." "No, you didn't. If you got the gist, you would have known that I bought them.") three times, and watched our kids and their little mannerisms. It was great. Also, we played this game where we swing our kids in the baby swings and then honey throws snowballs at them while I record it all on video. See that one headed for Abigail? 

Sliding down the slide. They do everything together. 

Also, have I mentioned before that I feel like I have twins? It's like Abigail and Brady are the same age. All day, every day, I think to myself "it's like they're twins!" Which is crazy because they are 2.5 years apart. In Abigail's defense, I do think Brady seems advanced for his age in terms of... most everything. 

See that snowball in the sky? 

We came home and had some hot chocolate. And all five of us hung out in bed before we headed upstairs for the night. 

Also, Brady woke up with the goopiest eye today. So much thick, green, goop stuck in his eyelashes that he couldn't open that left eye. No signs of redness and my research online told me this. What did people do before the Internet? Would I have been clueless and forced to take my kid to the doctor? 

All kids were asleep by 6:45 or so. It's 9:15 right now and Brady has already woken up three times, crying inconsolably. I gave him painkiller (which he screamed about) and wiped his nose and eye. I also held his hand while he fell asleep.  This always takes me back to summer/fall 2014 when I did that for every map and at bedtime. 

So, in summary, I still feel horrible, but honey has the man flu and "doesn't want to get the kids sick", so I'm probably gonna just be loving life for the next 48 hours or so. ; ) 

In honey's defense, I think he genuinely just doesn't understand the role of being a mom and caring for the sick while being sick and the details of how all of that works. Also, I know he's going to suck it up tomorrow and go to church and do the million things he has to sowing out even appearing sick because that's just the kind of person he is. 

I'll say home with Brady and Elizabeth and try to steal a nap somewhere in there. 

No comments: