Monday, November 9, 2015

Randoms

I suck at blogging. Truthfully I just kinda suck at life but that's just me. ; )

What we've been up to:

Brady has almost eaten his entire stash of Halloween candy. It was a lot. I upped the potty treat from one candy corn to "pick something from your Halloween stash" and that boy doesn't mess around. He goes potty freaking all the time to get treats. I told him we might need to take a break from the treats. Also, I can't really remember when it happened but he wears underwear 24/7. He doesn't have accidents. I used to be nervous about him being in public with undies but I don't even think about it anymore. 

Also, Klaudette gave him a haircut on Friday so he looks like a boy again. I still really miss his hair though. 

Time seems to be going in super speed. I can't believe we'll be in Atlanta in two weeks. Also, I went to Walmart last Friday and was super disappointed about Christmas decorations being out. Does no one celebrate thanksgiving anymore? That holiday about gratitude? We seem to go straight from "give me candy" to "give me presents" and it makes me sad. 

Walmart has officially changed their price matching policy and I still keep running into cashiers that are rude about it. I'm still trying to figure out a plan for me in this, but I don't anticipate doing 100% of my shopping at Walmart anymore. In six months I've gone from loving it to hating it although I'm sure some of it has to do with my local Walmart getting new management. It's just not the same. 

My back never ceases to find new ways to be in pain. For a while it was traveling pain on various spots of the left half of my back... Mostly muscular and mostly burning. Lately it's like every muscle in my back is super tight and tense and sore. 

I love nursing Elizabeth. And I love her smiles.  And I really love everything about her. 

I'm going to miss the way Brady says banana like "meen-a" and how he says "Abby-gull" and "Uh-lih-bet" and "Libby-Beth."  

I'm not going to miss how Abigail destroys everything in sight worse than a puppy. The reason I won't miss it is because it seems to me like there will never be an end to it. It will continue on. Forever. 

I helped out in Abigail's classroom this morning. I like getting to know how class works and seeing the other kids in her class. 

Poor honey. He works long hours and is frequently so stressed. It puts a damper on things, but I know it's just the time of year and it'll be better in a few months. I don't envy him at all, but I'm so great fil that he works so hard for our family. 

We got a tiny bit of snow last Thursday. We're supposed to get more on Wednesday but we'll have to see how much. I haven't seen my Charlotte's web spider friend for about a week. That gives me hope that all other spiders (that are not Charlotte and not my friend) are long gone. That's the real reason I love snow and cold weather. ; ) 

I've been getting horrible headaches and waking up with them more often than not. The kids have been waking up at 7... Give or take... Since daylight saving time happened. Those two things may or may not be correlated, but they do both suck. Also, it doesn't matter how early I go to bed or how much I sleep, I'm so crazy tired around 1 o clock and it pretty much lasts until the next morning around 10am. I do pretty week from 10am to 12:30. So 2.5 hours of my day. 

I don't want to jinx it or anything, but Brady has been sleeping through the night more often than not and hasn't woken me up during the past three nights. I feel like maybe we're reaching the light at the end of the tunnel on that. Just in time for it to get screwed up by all of the holiday travel we have coming up for thanksgiving and Christmas. ; ) 

I hate facebook. I'm addicted to it and I hate it. I neeeed to be done with it. I'm so glad I don't do Instagram or Twitter or even Pinterest or watch tv. I'd like to bury my head and not know or care about anything not directly related to me or my family. 

My unisom is kicking in. So I'm gonna check out. But before I go... I keep thinking that this three kid thing is kicking my trash and today I realized that that's not it at all.  It's the lack of quiet time. It's that quiet time was thrown out the window when Brady started climbing out of his crib and stopped napping (really that was the start of my downhill descent ) and I haven't been able to recover. Maybe starting January we can bring back quiet time. Any tips for doing that with a five year old (that part will be easy) and a freshly three year old (who is insanely attached to me) without making it harder to enforce than to live without? I'm all ears. 

And now I'm done. 

No comments: