Saturday, November 14, 2015

When I went from sore throat to almost dead

Friday 11.13.15

Both kids got up bright and early. My Thursday morning sore throat was much worse than the previous morning, but still doable. The kids had time to play trains a bit before breakfast. Still, no kid has said a thing about the rest of their toys disappearing (to the basement). They do say, however, "do we have time to play trains more before bed?" and "if we hurry in the morning, can we play trains before it's time to go to school?!"

Sibling bonding. 

Brady said he wanted to play with Marshall again. So Marshall came over at ten. He's the youngest in his family and is intrigued by Elizabeth. "Where's the baby?!" 

I started going downhill with feeling sick. My whole body got achey and I started experiencing the chills. We needed to get out of the house. I needed the kids to be in an environment where they could be completely independent of me. We dropped Marshall at his house on the way to the library and then I died.  At 2:30.  I couldn't believe it was still so early in the day. Going downhill super fast. So cold. So achey. My ankles were even sore. 


When we got home, I gave Abigail and Brady leftover pasta and put frozen on. And then I climbed in bed. With Elizabeth. Pictures are deceiving. Because I wasn't feeling smiley. I think I was smiling at Elizabeth's reaction to seeing her fact in the front camera. Brady has low attention span to tv that isn't sports. Also, he's like a magnet for me. And for Elizabeth. And especially for the two of us together. 

Honey finally got home sometime after six and fed the kids more. Meanwhile Elizabeth put herself to sleep because she was getting ignored. 

I helped put kids to bed. After spending 20 minutes giving myself a pep talk. Finally I took Elizabeth to bed. I think I was asleep by 8:30.  Brady was awake (for the first time) by 9. He woke up and/or snuck into our bed so many times I lost count. Elizabeth usually wakes up once, but this time woke up none. I had the craziest dreams, was so horribly achey, and alternated between freezing cold and burning lava hot. One of the times, I woke up and realized I was soaked and had sweated through everything I was wearing. I stripped down and got dry clothes and climbed back into bed only to discover that all my sheets were also wet and cold. Thank goodness for our king bed that I had room to sleep with honey on his side. Brady was awake by six. And both kids and me by 7.

Hooray!  

No comments: