Friday, November 13, 2015

I was a good mom

11.12.15

Today, I didn't scroll through my fb feed. Not even once. I checked notifications, but nothing else. As a result, my day felt less busy, more calm, more peaceful, and much happier. When I nursed Elizabeth, I was just focused on that. When the kids were playing, we used my phone to listen to church music on pandora instead of me checking out while checking fb. I felt like I was far more present than what I have been in too long. 

Brady wanted to walk in the show after we got home from dropping Abigail off. It was adorable how into his footprints he was. 

Then we cleaned up the trains (I took almost all of the kids' toys to the basement Tuesday night because I was sick of the clutter) so I could sweep and mop the playroom floor. That hasn't happened in forever and Brady was so into helping me. The elf on the shelf watched me mop. 

Once he saw the playroom completely empty, he put socks on his hands and feet and grabbed his hockey stuff to skate around the playroom. It was precious. He always purposely falls down while he's playing sports because that's what all the sports players do. And because "the ice is slippery."

Picking Abigail up, I decided to implement a schedule for the day and really stick to it. It worked super well and the only thing we changed was skipping watching a show and adding playing in the snow. 

Get home and do our things (put away shoes and backpack, go potty and wash hands, etc)
Eat until 1pm
1 o clock hour- reading time
2 o'clock hour- coloring/cleaning/play in snow
3:30-5:30 build tracks and play trains
5:30- straighten up and do puzzle
5:45- eat dinner (we had spaghetti, peas, and crescent rolls)
Bedtime

I'm planning on trying a similar schedule tomorrow and hopefully it will also work well. 

We put together Abigail's necklace before reading together. 



Adorable. 




Hot chocolate to warm up. 


Trains. Should I be concerned that neither kid mentioned anything about 90% of their toys vanishing? It makes me ashamed. They have way too much. 

Thy played trains so well together. It was like Christmas morning and they'd gotten a new present.  I can't believe we gave this set to Abigail for Christmas* when Brady was one week old and now they're playing it together like best friends. They seriously are like having twins. 

Elizabeth bites and sucks on everything. I'm trying to be better about giving her stuff instead of just letting her chew on her hands and soak her pjs. 

This was her face as she watched Brady run in circles around her room. Because that's this thing that he does. He runs in circles and pretends to throw and catch an imaginary football with you. 

And he falls. Because that's what football players do. 

Twins. Abigail has major FOMO. 

Sisters. 

She has the rosiest cheeks. Sometimes we call her cheeks. They're out of control. ; ) 

Honey helped me tame the wild beast of a baseman since it was resembling our neighbors' garages. It only took 30ish minutes and it is greatly improved. 

I even have some visiting teaching scheduled for tomorrow morning. 

I just feel really good about life right now. I wasn't sucking today! 

No comments: