Saturday, March 12, 2016

Our Saturday soccer walk

Honey had to go into work this morning to interview someone, so he didn't get home til 11:30. The kids had left out all their toys the night before (that's what happens when I'm not the one to put them to bed) and I have a general rule that I don't clean up toys, so it was all still out this morning. Brady had been poking me in the face and talking to me earlier but he went away when I told him I was still sleeping. I can't remember if that was before or after my dream about being on the bachelor and being in love with Ben Higgins. I've been having so many weird dreams lately. So I finally woke up at 8:45 to the kids asking me if they could watch a show. "Yes! You may!" Just clean up all the toys in the house and pick out what you want to watch!  I'll lay here until you're done..."  ; )  They did a great job. And they chose magic school bus. I love that they love that show. It was one of my favorites as a kid and it's super educational about really great stuff like how plants grow and where eggs come from and what's in the ocean and other basic things that just don't occur to me to explain to my children in depth. 

So when honey came home at 11:30 after a morning at the office, all four of us were sitting in a row at the table (well Elizabeth was in her high chair at the end of the table) eating cereal (Elizabeth had cherrios) in our pajamas. It was wonderful. We all got dressed and walked to the nearby soccer park to watch some kid games and hang out and play on the playground. I put Elizabeth down for a nap by two and showered. Chris played outside with the kids and then fed and bathed them. It was so sad for me to have to wake Elizabeth up at 4:45 again. I didn't have her nap this morning because I forgot... Oops... and she's just been putting up with a whole lotta sleep deprivation lately. Sorry sweet girl. 

We all got in the car and picked up pizza and went to the hanlins to watch the avs game. They had pigs in a blanket and salad and I ate til I was stuffed. I love hanging out with Becky. I also love looking at all her furniture. She's so crafty   Everything is unique and has been painted or reupholstered or somehow been made pretty and special by her. I need her to teach me how to do something simple. Like paint a picture frame. ; ) 

The avs blew it... As they are prone to do. We went to the avs game last Saturday with the kids... And the Saturday before was the outdoor game at coors field I think. And this one we watched with the Hanlins. All three games, the avs play great the first half and are a goal or two ahead. And then they just start slacking and the other team comes from behind. We'll see if they can manage to get to the playoffs. Brady and Abigail had such a fun time playing with Mia and Becky made brownies with cookie dough on top, so despite the loss, we all had a great time. 

It's hard for me to wrap my head around the happy phases and rough slumps I go through with my moods, but I'm grateful right now to be in one of those happy and motivated stages. And I'm thankful tomorrow is Sunday. It's gonna be great. 











No comments: