Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Elizabeth and roseola

Elizabeth had this out of the blue fever this weekend. I realized this morning that I never even checked it with a thermometer so I don't know how high it was, but she was HOT. And fussy. We didn't go to church on Sunday (it was cancelled except for sacrament meeting because of the snow) and, with time, she's become less sensitive and more her usual self. Still a lot more fussy than usual, but not crying like she was Saturday night. 

Last night I was trying clothes on her to decide what to pack (because it's gonna be 90* in Georgia and we haven't gotten out summer clothes here yet) and noticed a rash on her belly. I checked the inside of we clothes and concluded that it must be from the inside stitching on this purple floral top so I decided not to pack that and eventually put her pjs on her. 

This morning, I hadn't even undressed we to change her diaper... I just knew. Her rash was visible on her neck and even her face looked lacy and splotchy. Awesome. 

I thought it was maybe roeola and a quick google search confirmed it. 

What would we do without google?! Bad news, this girl is super fussy and I'm supposed to fly to atlanta today with all three kids by myself for the first time. Good news, she's not contagious. 



Anyway, wish me luck. It's always an adventure! 

No comments: