Friday, April 1, 2016

The newsies

Thursday morning was taking Abigail to school, taking Brady and Elizabeth with me to Walmart for groceries (I remember now why I don't go grocery shopping with kids... I have no where to put any groceries!), putting Elizabeth down for a nap and having Brady fall asleep at the same time. Luckily LaResa was able to bring Abigail home from school for me. She's so wonderful. Bonus, Abigail and I got some quiet one on one time together. 

Brady ended up sleeping for over three hours. That's definitely his longest nap since he quit his crib last June. He woke up fine instead of super grumpy so that was nice. 

The afternoon was those kids playing while I kept Elizabeth awake and tried to get everything ready for the babysitter. It is a full day process getting everything ready for a babysitter. Annoying but necessary. Parker came over at 5:50 and I still looked the exact same as I did at 9 am. Ugh, so much for getting ready for our date. I threw on a sweater and did minimal makeup in the car on the way to picking up our friends. 

The night was so much fun. So so sooo much fun. We went to see the newsies downtown at the buell and it was really good. I didn't know the story line or most of the songs so it was extra fun to experience it for the first time. I love seeing things at our Parker theater but the buell is just a little more professional. ; ) it was fantastic. Also, our friends were so much fun to hang out with. That couple where all four of us get along great and conversation is never lacking. We've wanted to get together with them for the longest time so this was just great. 

Also, we got home and our babysitter said the kids did great. Elizabeth was awake almost the whole time and Brady had a hard time falling asleep (because of his nap), but all was well. And I laughed out loud that Parker obliged the kids on their request for Christmas music. ; ) 

It was great. 

No comments: