Monday, July 4, 2016

Elizabeth at one year

Man, I am such an idiot. I will never learn. I just wrote this whole long post about Elizabeth because I never wrote a one year post and she's already 13 months. Well, then my phone died so nothing was saved. Blogger is a google product, can we not have blog posts saved every 30 seconds like my gmail drafts?! 

Ugh, at least it was 100% my fault this time. 

Elizabeth, I'm sorry, I'm failing you again. Here's the waaaaaay (super sad) shorter version. 

Elizabeth has 6 teeth and yells with her finger in her mouth because she's cutting more. 

She loves to eat, eats anything, and eats about 2/3 cups of food per meal. She loves drinking water from her Rockies sippy and I suck at giving her whole milk.

I still nurse her 3 times a day (first thing in the morning, last thing at night, and before nap) and sometimes more if I really want to. I could have weaned her while Chris and I were on our Bahamas/Miami trip but I came back and was dying to nurse her. I love nursing her.  Even though she leaves teeth marks in me from sucking too hard. Sometimes it's really painful, but somehow I still love it. 

Elizabeth has curly hair! I'm enjoying it while it lasts. 

She's so content to sit in her stroller and will happily hang out there for an hour or more while I'm at the park or pool with friends. 

Everywhere we go, people comment on how happy she is and that she's always smiling, and they comment on how content she is to hang out in my arms or my lap or the stroller. She rarely ever squirms to get down and crawl around. 

She just started crawling days before her first birthday. I'll be shocked if she walks before she's 18 months. It's so hard to ever get her to stand or bear weight on her legs. Just recently, she started "pulling up" to kneeling so she does that all the time now. 

Elizabeth loves unpacking things. My purse, her dirty clothes basket, bins of toys, the pool bag, the cabinet with all the waterbottles, you name it. I know it's just typical of kids this age, but she's just more challenging now. I had 12 blissful months of an immobile baby and I'm still adjusting to the fact that she makes messes, gets herself locked in bathrooms and my laundry room, eats every single tiny thing on the floor, and cries when I leave the room (or hand her to Chris). She's my third (and I have a lot of previous experience in chikscare), but somehow every time I forget what a busy age this is! And she's not even a busy baby compared to most! 

She does best with one nap but I have to let her sleep in til 10 or so. Then she can nap from 1-5, give or take, and I put her to bed anytime after 8 whenever I get the time. ; )  Last week when Abigail had dance camp at 9, I was waking Elizabeth up at 8:30 and it was a struggle for her to make it until nap time. She sleeps all night unless she has a dirty diaper. She goes back to sleep just find if I hand her a binky. Sometimes I even do that in the morning if she wakes up at 7 or early or something. Hand her a binky and she goes back to sleep for several hours. 

She's 18ish lbs and getting longer lessbabylike legs by the day. She's wearing a size two diaper (three at night), no shoes (her feet are tiny), and mostly 9-12 month clothes but has shorts that are 0-3 and ones that are 18-24 and everything in between. 

She's truly an angel and such a blessing to our family. The kids love her so much. They are so sweet and patient with her. Brady treats her like an equal which melts my heart every time. There is just no way I can put it into writing or emphasize it enough... He loves her without end. He's so excited for her to get bigger so she can play more. We think she's the best. 
 

Anyway, that was more than I was planning on. Hopefully this will hurry and save well and I can get back to crying myself to sleep at losing the first and more comprehensive draft of this that I wrote. 



; ) 


No comments: