Thursday, October 13, 2016

Blaze pizza

I know I'm late to the game (because I've had at least ten people tell me that), but tonight was my first time trying one of those build your own pizza restaurants and it was delicious! All of my friends have told me about how amazing mod pizza is, but we're in South Dakota right now and so it wasn't mod pizza, it was blaze pizza. 

I went through the line (the concept is just like subway but for pizzas and the inside environment is nearly identical to Costa Vida) and built my pizza and then of course doubted if it would be any good. But holy cow it was amazing. So then tonight I looked up the topping menu options for mod pizza (because now I actually want to go there) and was sad to see that while they have just as many options as blaze, they aren't the ones I would choose. So sad but I'm sure I'll live. 

Tonight I chose the regular crust with mostly white sauce but a little red sauce. Shredded mozzarella, balls of fresh mozzarella, Parmesan, and dollops of ricotta. For meats I chose applewood bacon and grilled chicken. Then artichokes, sautéed onions, lots of pineapple, and cherry tomatoes. And a sprinkle of oregano. Then they fired it and I asked for a drizzling of olive oil. Right now I'm literally singing "these are a few of my favorite things!!!" in my head right now. 

It was so good. Sadly, mod pizza doesn't have the ovalini mozzarella, ricotta, sautéed onions or drizzle of olive oil. And minus the sautéed onions, those things really influence the pizza! 

Anyway, the door has been opened for me and I think I'm hooked. Just had to document it. 

No comments: