Saturday, October 8, 2016

Temple and flat acres farm

This morning, we had our same babysitter come back over at 9am so we could attend the temple sealing of some friends in the ward. I love this babysitter. My kids love her, she does my dishes, and she cleans my house. And now she even takes cute pictures of my kids while I'm away. 

But seriously, last night she did a whole sink and counter full of nasty dishes (like the greasy crock pot from the roast I'd made) and loaded and ran our dishwasher. And this morning when she was back over here, she unloaded the dishwasher. 😁


When we got home, we took the kids to a "pumpkin patch" nearby which is really just a fall themed gathering of outdoor activities like hayrides, corn mazes, bounce houses, etc. Abigail was out of school yesterday for her first day of fall break. I won't lie, I haven't been loving it. Why do I have to wake her up and drag her out of bed at 8:15 on school days but the first two days of fall break and I have both kids awake and AWAKE at 7am?!  

Anyway, they've been nonstop playing and making each other cry so we decided to definitely get out of the house today. This fit the bill for a few hours and Elizabeth was a champ about me making her skip a nap today. 







She also had so many corn kernels in her onesie that are now littered over my front lawn because thank goodness I remembered to empty her outfit before bringing her inside. 

The kids had a pool party in my bathtub, honey watched byu win their game, and Abigail and Brady watched a phonics video while honey and I (with Elizabeth and her binky sweetly watching from a stroller) filled our giant blue trash can again. We are really thinning out our backyard. I wonder how much will come back in the spring. Because the extra breathing room is feeling nice right now. 

And then we got the kids all asleep by 7:30... Elizabeth in my arms because she was so tired and I knew I could make that little dream of mine come true. She's my snuggliest baby yet and I've gotta soak it up because she's definitely turning into a real kid and growing up a little too fast for my liking. 

Ugh, I love her so much. 

No comments: