Sunday, June 25, 2017

my parents are the best

ugh, words really can't describe how much I love and appreciate my parents.  they are seriously the best ever.

dad got here Wednesday night so I had nearly three glorious days of both of my parents being here visiting.  Thursday, I literally stayed in my room till noon.  maybe even a little after.  my mom was 100% caring for Abigail, Brady, and Elizabeth the whole time.  Andrew and I had slept in till 9 or so and then I just spent the next three hours with just him... in my bed.  I nursed him and held him and read scriptures and blogged and wrote in my journal and just admired his precious face and on and on and I have to just say that it was luxurious.  my mom always wants to come and be as productive and helpful as possible and she'll always say stuff like "I feel like I haven't even done anything except care for the kids" implying that she should be making freezer meals or completing cleaning projects.  but this time, even though my baby is super easy and I don't need help with him... it's the gift of time. he's only a tiny newborn for such a short time and my very favorite thing right now is just to soak up that quiet time with him without having to worry about a bunch of other things.  so Thursday morning was completely magical.  I honestly can't even explain how much those three hours meant to me.

Thursday was honey's birthday and he had meetings and worked all day.  my parents had offered weeks ago to watch the kids if we wanted to go out.  I told honey I wanted to take him to dinner and lucky for me, he agreed.  I was so excited to go on a date night with him.  my cloud of depression fog is gone and I feel like my normal self.  except it feels like a self I haven't experienced in over six months so just spending time with my honey was like it was the first time I'd spent real one on one time with him since 2016.  I can't explain it well but it's amazing to have my head back in my body again.  anyway, he chose bonefish grille and it was a great night.  again, made possible by my wonderful parents, who not only were happy to watch all four kids, but my dad took the older three swimming at our neighborhood pool while we were gone!

Friday, I expressed to my parents, my desire to fix the landscape in our front yard.  it has always looked crowded and unkempt and requires more upkeep than what I can give it.  we made a plan for a mini makeover and mom and dad were both on board to fulfill my dreams and transform my yard.

Saturday, it happened.  I may have helped a tiny bit, but mostly, it was my parents and my honey that really made it happen.  sometime soon I'll post before an after pictures.  it's not breathtaking or anything right now, but it at least doesn't make our house look like a foreclosure anymore. ; )

and then at 3:30, dad said goodbye.

No comments: