Thursday, June 29, 2017

2 weeks postpartum

How far along:  2 weeks postpartum (6.29.17)
Total weight gain/loss: +13-14 lbs… I have literally lost maybe 1 lb since coming home from the hospital.  HA.
Maternity clothes:  light and flowy shirts when I go out in public. At home, I’ve been wearing my two really thin rockies shirts a lot. I’ve been layering them over a tank so it’s easy to nurse but not too hot.  My body has trouble adjusting to temperature changes after I have a baby.  Also, mostly jeans.  
Sleep:  it's better.  Sometimes I remember my weird dreams, but more and more I’m not waking up noticing anything.  My problem is that I keep staying up till 12:30 or 1am and then often times waking up between 6 and 7 and not going back to sleep.  Add in 20 minutes of feeding Andrew during the night and I’m not getting a whole lot of hours.  Luckily, compared to pregnancy, I’m feeling well rested! Pregnancy exhaustion can’t be competed with.  
Best moment this week:  that's everything.  Mom has been here and it’s just great.
Movement:  nothing really. In the first days, the contractions (especially while nursing) were pretty uncomfortable and painful at times but it faded probably by day 3 and I haven’t noticed anything since.  Oh, I will say though that during the first week, if I walked too fast or my strides were too long, I would feel almost a pulling or tugging sensation but I don’t know that that was fully connected to any movement in my uterus or not.  ; ) 
Food cravings:  I‘m liking food way more than before and it feels amazing.  The hospital food was amazing and since I’ve been home, it’s been easy to find something I want to eat.  A lot of times I’m still not really hungry enough to eat a meal, but when I’m hungry, I find food to feed myself just fine.  I’ve been really liking oatmeal with brown sugar in the morning.  I don’t think I ate that at all my whole pregnancy but I’ve really been liking it lately.  Also, they had a little birthday party for Chris at work and had a chocolate cake from Costco.  Honey brought home the leftovers and it was amazing.  Mom and I ate some every day and it became our happy tradition to put all the kids down for naps and quiet time and then meet at the kitchen table with chocolate cake.  It hit the spot so perfectly…. Holy cow so so good.  Also, as expected, I’ve been drinking tons of milk.  Nursing makes me so thirsty.  
Symptoms:  i feel like my normal self again and it’s positively incredible!  I’m happy and I’m hopeful and I have energy and I’m not physically and mentally exhausted all day and I feel ambitious about wanting to do projects or think ahead to things in the future! Sometimes I have a backache and two times, I’ve gotten a horrible headache, but those things are just normal for me for life.  It really feels great not to be pregnant anymore.  I just keep telling mom how happy I am to be happy again! I feel like I have a grip on my life.
Gender:  I am so in love with this little boy.  And I love his name.  I’m so happy honey let me pick the name/went along with my choice instead of his. I’m so happy Brady has a brother now.
What I miss:  i miss my round belly because it was so fun and cool that it housed a person in there, but I’m glad not to bump it into things fifty painful times a day.  and feeling Andrew move inside of me. I miss that at any moment, I could reach down to feel him and that I was never alone. That may be all though.
Milestones:  I’m two weeks out! This flew by!
Theme: the week of just hanging out with mom!

No comments: