Saturday, July 3, 2010

39 weeks

How far along: 39 weeks  (7.3.10)
Total weight gain/loss: + 22.5 lbs
Maternity clothes?: not so bad this week.  thank goodness for that.
Stretch marks?: they are super bad.  they've just completely taken over and chris loves commenting on my "designs."  what a sweet euphemism for something so unattractive.
Sleep: sleep is still good.  sometimes i get airplane sleep at night but i have my share of sleeping nicely through the night that makes up for it.  still some super bizarre dreams.  one of the strangest nights included four or five weird dreams in a row.  one of them was that i gave birth to a little man.  it was like a four or five year old little boy but he could talk and reason and everything like an adult.  and in all honestly, the "man" was one of my past coworkers!!!  i was talking to the boy about how he wasn't going to fit in any of the clothes i had and asking him if he was wanting me to breastfeed him (we both decided that that would be a tad too awkward).  and one other dream was especially weird too but i can't remember it too well.  i think i performed my own c-section or something like that.  i'll have to be better about writing them down before i forget them.
Best moment this week: packages on my door step!!!  to settle my anxiety, our carseat finally came!  and i got two bebe au lait nursing covers and a rainforest jumparoo from my friend amber, whose daughter, kailee, was my favorite little girl at the daycare in colorado.  and i got a much bigger than i expected package from my cousin marianne!  she said she was going to send me "belly laughs" so i was eagerly awaiting a little package.  but it was a BIG box!  it had belly laughs, and a bunch of hand me down clothes, and some baby girl outfits she picked out herself and i'm in love with the little polka dot pants... they have a giant flower on the bum.  honestly, they're the cutest thing ever.  so that was all a lot of fun and i read belly laughs all in one sitting.  it's definitely a book i'll recommend to my pregnant friends!
Movement: i thought movement was supposed to slow down a bit but especially these last few days she's been especially active.  i can tell she's real cramped in there because even her gentle jabs can be pretty uncomfortable.
Food cravings:  i haven't really liked food much the past week or two and it's getting worse.  it semi reminds me of first trimester because i'm always hungry but i don't want to eat.  so i'm getting headaches more often as a result of that.  but NOTHING could be as bad as those first few months!
Gender: GIRL!!!  i do have enough gender neutral clothes and clothes with blue that we'd be fine either way though... well, that's a lie.  we'd be fine on the clothes front although emotionally i'm not sure i'd be fine with a boy at this point.  ;-)
What I miss:  the non itchy belly... still.
Milestones: now, when people ask me when i'm due i can just say "friday!" instead of giving them the countdown.
Theme: the week of realizing i'm still in denial.  i honestly feel like pregnant is just my new way of life.  it's weird to me that things will change and eventually i'll be non-pregnant and have a child.  will it ever click?  i mean, i still haven't even brought myself to pack a hospital bag yet...
Extra:  my belly still drives me nuts.  a number of times, i've woken up during the night because i'm frantically scratching my belly and i'm so tired that i fall asleep again while i'm still scratching!  as a result, i now have little scabs (gross, i know) speckling my belly because i've scratched my skin so raw.  i look like a kid with eczema.  it still helps to ice my belly when the itching just get's so bad.  i just use whatever i can find out of the freezer.  otter pops (still connected to one another) work best.  using two loaves of frozen bread is okay temporarily but doesn't hold it's chill too long.  i fell asleep a few days ago clutching two loaves to my belly and woke up a few hours later to completely thawed bread.  to a much lesser degree than earlier in pregnancy, i'm experiencing the apathy and overall "down" feeling accompanied by a little irritability.  as long as it's not bad like before, i can totally deal.  chris has been really great about it.  i really wish i could experience that whole nesting thing it seems like everyone gets.  i have the anxiety of wanting things clean and organized and prepared, but i just don't have enough energy for it.  i get to overwhelmed physically and emotionally.  so i find myself worrying about the super important stuff that i know won't get done unless i do it myself (like painting my toes) and chris makes fun of me, rightfully, for it all.  official due date is friday july 9... just days away!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

No it won't ever click. I still can't believe I have a child and she is two. Ps pack your hosptial bag. I didn't have mine packed and packing while in labor in between contractions is awful!!!! I can't wait to hear your labor story and see pictures. Good luck!!!!

Jeff said...

PLEASE pack your hospital bag! Please!