Friday, July 30, 2010

rambling

i feel like i have so much going on these days but it all revolves around me me me and how i have a baby now.  i was talking to my good friend rach yesterday about how some people post such annoying stuff on facebook all about them and their baby.  i told her i would try to avoid doing that but i made no promises for my blog.  comments and pictures on my blog won't show up in anyone's newsfeed and if they come to my blog and are annoyed with what they read, let that be a lesson to them!

anyways, back to me.  i have a baby now!

chris texted me the other day... "how do you like your new life?"

wow... crazy.  well, i love it.  i feel totally content.  instead of looking forward to 6:00pm or even better, friday at 6:00pm, i'm just loving the present.  each day and night is flying by far too fast.  i'm anxious to experience it all but i swear i get whiplash trying to keep up with it all.

as of yesterday, baby girl is two weeks old.  she is a good eater and a great sleeper and she almost never cries.  she eats about every four hours during the day and every five at night.  she has spoiled me already and i'm going to be severely sad if/when she turns into a terror.  but, i consider myself a very lucky and blessed individual so i think there might be hope.  and if not, i've enjoyed it while it's lasted!  baby girl has my eyes, nose, mouth, cheeks, appetite and love of sleep.  we are crossing our fingers that everything else comes from chris.

7 comments:

Jeff said...

Great post. Can you PLEASE PLEASE post more pictures?? We just want more of Baby Abigail (and maybe you). I am so happy for you and am happy to have blog posts about you and Abigail. I agree that you can do what you want on your blog and while maybe you can think of somethng else to post about occasionally, your new life does revolve quite about around your baby. Quite a bit, but not all the time.:) Keep getting lots of rest, have fun with Abigail (have you started calling her Abby yet, because we sure have), and please return my phone call. Love you.

Karen said...

Oh she looks so precious. She is spoiling you with her eating and sleeping schedule. Pray she keeps it up. It can change on a whim. I'm so happy you are enjoying everything. It's so fun having a newborn.

Cherie said...

OH Carrie she's beautiful! I love that she's such a good baby for you. Great job Mom! Keep enjoying that precious new baby. Unfortunately they get big way too fast!

EmmyLou said...

I call her Baby Abby in case you were wondering. =)

Catherine O. said...

OH.my.goodness!! She is so precious, Carrie! I love that sweet picture. I'm so glad everything is going so well for you guys :)

Jen said...

If you really want newborn pictures, please call or email Meghan soon!! 2 weeks is the perfect time for photos -- don't wait until five weeks!!!! And, tell Meg that I will babysit too. :)

Marianne said...

she only eats every 4 hours--Lucy doesn't even do that now! definitely count your blessings! We can't wait to meet your little angel!