Saturday, July 10, 2010

40 weeks

How far along: 40 weeks  (7.10.10)
Total weight gain/loss: + 24 lbs
Maternity clothes?: counting down the days til normal clothes.  i swear i wear the same few outfits over and over again.
Stretch marks?: they don't bother me so much anymore.
Sleep: more normal dreams this week.  consistently waking up to go to the bathroom once a night.
Best moment this week: mom came in town!!! 
Movement: slowing down i think.
Food cravings:  i'm loving squash and zucchini these days...  ummm, i dunno, a lot of times i just don't have an appetite so i'm happy when things look appealing.
Gender: GIRL!!!  i took a non official inventory of her wardrobe and most everything includes hot pink.  i'm in heaven.
What I miss:  i'm not quite sure about that although there's gotta be something....
Milestones: hitting my due date!  but according to chris, that's definitely NOT something we wanted.
Theme: the week of my body is getting ready for labor!
Extra:  my poor christopher.  he is DYING with every second this kid doesn't come.  i know she's getting ready though because this past week has felt so so so so different than before.  i can really feel my body preparing for labor.  the heaviness, cramping, contractions, sudden and intense backaches that extend into my legs, etc.  it's all pretty crazy because it was only a week ago that i felt totally normal, just big.  now, i feel my body gearing up for something big!  i had an appointment on wednesday.  according to the doctor i was 2 cm and 75%.  she said baby is at a -2 station.  keep on coming kid!  i have another appointment on thursday if i make it that long.  and then i think my doctor would induce me within a few days.  i didn't ask specifics on that because i really don't want to have to be induced.  i hope that's not too much wishful thinking.  technically my due date was the 9th.  i had my last day of work on thursday and picked my mom up from the airport that evening.  friday we spent all day shopping and doing some extra last minute things.  i'm pretty comfortable being pregnant, but let me just say for the record that mother and christopher are not at all happy about this baby postponing the party!!!  i used to be somewhat apprehensive about the hospital experience and recovery.  i guess i still am a little, but mostly i'm just really excited to experience the next adventure to this whole pregnancy thing!  so far, pregnancy is everything i could have hoped for and more! 

4 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I thought this was the one :) Please have Chris text Chris the moment she's born! I'm so excited for you!

Sara said...

You're at 40 weeks?

Tell that enchilada to pop on out already!

Marianne said...

Good luck--we are ready and waiting for some great news! But one request--take lots of pictures! Love you!!

EmmyLou said...

the stretch marks don't bother you anymore??? FINALLY!!!!