Thursday, July 1, 2010

dear sawah

 dear sawah,
months ago you asked if i was going to my beach family reunion this summer.  i sadly had to explain that i would miss it for the very first time in my 24 years of life because i would be a full nine months big.  every time i've thought about missing it i've been close to tears... so sad i won't be there to partake of the family tradition this year.  i remember wondering why you were asking me about it.  maybe you were just really thoughtful and in tune with my emotions to know it would be traumatizing for me.  no, when i asked you, your answer assured me that was not the case.  ;-)  you just wanted to see how giant i would look in a swimsuit.  well, here you go.  i crammed my giant self into my swimsuit and went swimming on saturday almost as a tribute to the beach reunion i was missing since i knew my family would be driving to ocean isle at the exact time i was swimming at the stanford pool.  anyways, i had chris take a picture for you.  and just as a fun comparison, i added what this swimsuit looked like on me a short nine and a half months ago...


okay


okay


and OKAY.  say, "wooowww, she's really let herself go.  poor chris."
 ps- i swear my arms have NOT gotten that fat (although i will admit that i AM that pale)...  it's just an unflattering picture.
LOVE YOU SAWAH!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha! how unthoughtful of me! I love the basketball tummy look though. At least you don't get big all around right? - no worries, I would probably make you look tan if I stood next to you :)

Marianne said...

ok--you look awesome! seriously! I was so glad I had a winter baby and did not have to think about a swimsuit for months afterwards--but you can totally pull it off! We miss you and Chris tons, but thank you for letting your mom stay with us all week! Good luck--we are anxiously awaiting for the big day to come!