Tuesday, April 26, 2011

easter sunday

we could also title this "my husband refuses to believe he is color blind."

i told my christopher on saturday that he needed to wear a pink tie to church on sunday since baby and i would also be wearing pink and we could trick people into thinking we were a cute, put together family.  he did a really good job and looked absolutely charming in his handsome suit and pretty pink tie.  i was in the middle of telling him this, on our usual drive to church of hitting every single light on el camino, when he looked at my skirt and said "why'd you want me to wear a pink tie to church today?  why're baby and i the only ones wearing pink?  why're you wearing an orange skirt?"

WHAT?!?!  orange?!?!  i already knew my skirt wasn't bright pink but i've never had anyone call it ORANGE before!  we spent the rest of the drive debating the color of my skirt and i may have reminded him of the time we went to home depot to pick out a red "for rent" sign that he insisted was orange.  it lead to a pretty animated debate that involved polling a number of people shopping the aisles.  i'm pretty sure i won.  anyways, we asked baby what she thought (she was the only one around to poll) but didn't get a definite answer.  so throughout church honey continued to comment to me on my "orange" skirt.  and on the way home he fake polled people in the cars driving next to us.  now that i think of it, it was kind of hilarious.  he can be funny like that.

so here is my "orange" skirt.  you can't really see the seersucker unless you enlarge the picture (go ahead and do that now). the colors actually "match" better in the picture (because the light colors are so blown out) than in person. i'll be honest, they actually clash.  i didn't realize until we were about to walk out the door just how different our "pinks" were. baby's dress was a true pink and white. my skirt was more of a cream and vintage rose sort of color combo.


isn't the dress to die for?!?! i am so in love with it. my wonderful mother actually got it for her. coincidentally, she also got me my skirt. she also gave me that cartigan that used to be hers. wonderful is definitely an understatement.

i am obsessed with my child. just in case you forgot.


poor baby girl. after church she was soooo tired from being awake for somewhere around five hours. as i was about to put her in bed i remembered that we hadn't taken any pictures. so i took us all outside and we got those pictures (above). then as i was about to put her in bed again i realized that maybe down the road i would want a few pictures of her in the glider since that's kind of our spot for taking pictures. i set baby in the glider and BAM! she exploded! in a fit of crying and a whole lot of tears. totally traumatized that she'd never get her nap. so we have this blurry, out of focus, sad face picture.  my baby NEEDS her beauty sleep.

anyways, i think it's hilarious.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

So Pretty!! Definitely pink....

ok said...

I love it!!!

And also, DEFINITELY pink. Matches baby girl perfectly. :)

Cindy said...

Love the dress. Too cute. Happy late Easter.