Tuesday, September 28, 2010

i love polo ralph lauren

i sure do love me some polo.  see?



i slept in head to toe polo the other night.  polo polo and polo pjs.  wearing polo just makes me happy.  and on this occasion, i'm sure it gave me nice dreams too.  i'm not sure when or how i developed it but i have a special love for anything ralph lauren.  i love the regular polos, but i also love the sweaters, t-shirts, socks, skirts, buttondowns, and especially the pajama pants (mens specifically... they have pockets!).  as i said, i slept in this outfit the other night.  if you know me, you know that i've spent enough time in polos to consider them just as comfortable as a t-shirt.  so i didn't really think anything of it when i went to sleep sporting this beautiful emsemble.  my honey however woke up with a "you slept in THAT?!?!"  ha. i guess he doesn't know me like i thought he did.  but in his defense, i guess my biggest polo wearing days were before before i met him.  anyways, all of this is irrelevant, as usual.  all you need to know is that i love polo and wearing polo makes me happy.

that being said, i anticipated that my kid and i would both be loving life an extra alot alot if she was wearing polo too.  so luckily for us, my polo loving mom (maybe that's where i got it from and i'm just passing along the tradition?) got this absolutely adorable dress for baby girl.  it's pink.  it's seersucker.  it's polo.  can you get more perfect than that?!?!  i know i've said it before, but i honestly have the best mother ever.  be honest with yourself... even if you don't know her, don't you think she sounds absolutely incredible?  well, she is.  times a million.  anyways, she dressed me in polo and now she's dressing my kid in polo.  the world should thank her for her kind services. 

sadly though, it's size 9 months and although i'm sure it will come fast enough, it seems too far away for me.  so i put it on baby anyways for a few pictures.  you tell me... could she get away wearing this to church in the next few weeks (don't worry, it's still DEFINITELY summer here... can you say "poor carrie and baby have to live in terrible california where it was 100 degrees today" because really, it's true) even though she's a skinny 2 month old?

baby's most classic pose:  the looking left scowl

i'm looking at this picture and realizing i did a terrible job of capturing the dress.  it has a little white slip underneath that ruffles out and it's got little ruffles on the shoulder and a cute sash and actually, let's just find some more pictures for you.  we all know there's nothing more boring than when someone tries to describe a dress to you.  okay, here you go.






OH MY GOODNESS HOW SLOW AM I?!?!  don't answer that.  i just realized i have a pink seersucker ruffled polo skirt (that my mother bought me one time when we were shopping.  i know you're jealous) that would look so cute with this dress!  too bad i'm still too fat for it.  maybe if my kid is still wearing this when  she's actually 9 months old then i might be skinny enough to wear my skirt again and we can be all matchy matchy!  umm is that tacky?  i know honey would probably be ashamed to be seen with us.  too much pink polo seersucker?  why don't you cast a vote?

ps- i had chocolate chips mini morsels for lunch today.  what about you?

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Oh how pretty!! I LOVE it :) She's adorable. Oh, and you guys should totally wear matching dresses. :) I thought of you guys the other day because I was reading a blog about a kid in Bakersfield whose family we know. He was the quarterback of his HS football team and was in an ATV accident that paralyzed him from the chest down at the beginning of Sept. Turns out he was a huge Stanford fan and the whole Stanford quarterback staff came to visit him and they brought him either a ball or helmet (I don't remember exactly) signed by all the Stanford football players. I've never had much interest in Stanford football before, but I thought that was a really neat thing they did so we've been rooting for them! Anyway, if you want to check out the blog it's http://schilhabelstrong.blogspot.com. He's a pretty neat kid :) GO Stanford! hehe

Unknown said...

I think she could totally sport it for the next few weeks, no problem. And no, you can never get enough pink seersucker polo matchy matchy. I vote you get chris a pink seersucker matching tie, too!

Sara said...

I love how much she looks like you, and that face with the scowl where she looks like she's thinking, "I'm pretty sure I said NO MUSTARD, but whatever..."