Saturday, September 11, 2010

baby's blessing

sunday afternoon, baby girl was given a name and a blessing.  it was beautiful.  a few things it included were humility, appreciation for the scriptures, a love of education, good relationships with her siblings and parents.  i know that's really watered down but that's all i feel like sharing on the internet.  i'm sure you understand.  if you want to know more, you can ask me.

this is baby's classic face.  it's not as constant as it used to be, but 90% of the time she's either wearing a smile or that scowl.  it's very endearing to me though.  i love it.

this was the best shot we could get of the whole group.  my dad, honey's dad, honey's grandpa, our bishop, and our friend dave penner took part while honey gave the blessing.

i think my dad is great.  he's also the only guy that makes me look short.

 don't you love the lace on her dress?  it's gorgeous!  i'm in love with it!

this is at home after church.  do you like baby's tongue?  i think she just discovered it over the last week or so.


wonder why there aren't any pictures of the three of us while i'm holding baby?


it's because honey doesn't share.

6 comments:

Jeff said...

I expect sharing when you come to visit. Maybe it's good that Chris isn't coming?!

Sara said...

I do like that face she makes.

She kind of looks like me before noon on a weekday when someone tries to engage me in perky, yet complicated conversation.

I hope it was a wonderful day for all of you!

Mary Mitchell said...

What a sweet day! I love your parents, and your post cracked me up.

Anonymous said...

So Pretty and great family pictures!! Their always selfish with the first and then the second is old news haha

Unknown said...

i love chris's little brother in the family picture hahaha! so cool.
i don't know if i mentioned this before, but i like that you got to wear a nice white dress to match baby girl. maybe that's why chris was selfish, so the dress would show off the lace better against his suit

EmmyLou said...

I heard about Chris not sharing that baby. I'm not gonna lie, kinda happy he won't be in GA when I see you. I need to hold that baby for a little bit with no competition. =)