Tuesday, September 21, 2010

my apologies

the past few days i've been so tired for some reason.  i get a lot of sleep at night but still wake up tired in the morning.  so yesterday evening i was a little fed up with it.  i put baby girl in her crib and then sat in my bed to read scriptures for a few minutes while i listened for baby girl to drift off.

well, it took her about three minutes until she was dead silent.  that's normally when i get up to see that her eyes are actually closed and then i make sure her head is turned right since my sweet little girl has a preference for the left.  choose the right has special meaning in our house now...

well, i didn't get up.  i was too tired.  i decided i would finish the chapter and then get up.  but neither of those things happened because a few minutes later i got under the covers and fell asleep.  it wasn't even 9:00 yet!  and i didn't even bother to tell my honey goodnight.

i woke up at 1:15 and the lights were still on and my honey was just coming up to brush his teeth.  i kept my eyes closed, panicking that i would be stuck awake the rest of the night.  well, honey got in bed.  i spooned up close to him... i love being the big spoon! ...and drifted off til morning.  ummm, 10 hours of sleep later and i still woke up exhausted.  i can not get off my butt.  and i finally started mockingjay last night so now my to do list is not even getting glanced at today.

but i'll have you know that while i was going to sleep i was thinking about my poor non-blogging sister and how she wouldn't have a post to read today and it was so sad.  although not sad enough for me to get up to write one.  but sad enough that i'm writing one this afternoon and will try to make sure to post something good tonight.  so basically, i just wanted to say thanks for reading.

and here's a picture of my cute kid and the scrawny little legs i love.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Thanks for my post to read. I didn't even know I didn't have something to read this morning since I'm just now checking it.

Unknown said...

sounds like a lovely night of sleep. maybe not being on a regular sleep schedule is what's making you so tired?