Saturday, April 9, 2011

noooooo motivation

my sweet christopher is on his last quarter of school.  possibly ever.  all week he's been saying "i have noooo motivation."  well, welcome to my life honey.  this is what it's like to feel lazy.  ;-)  my honey is my motivational inspiration.  so if he's not motivated to do anything then neither am i.

first off, have no fear!  baby is all better now!  all better from her ugly face rash, grumpy attitude, and mysterious spots.  and last night she slept better than she's slept in moooonnnnttthhhhssss.  woohoo!  yesterday i tried to stretch her from 2:15 til bedtime with no nap because our schedule was off.  well, when i got home from the grocery store at 6 something, baby was passed out on honey's chest.  and when i tried to reprimand him for rocking our baby to sleep (he's ALWAYS wanting to nap with our baby) he told me he did no such thing!  apparently our baby was just crawling around when he noticed that she would lay her head on the floor and be still for 30 seconds or so until he called her name.  repeat.  repeat more.  so he picked her up and laid her on his chest and she laid real still, closed her eyes, and was asleep within one minute.  i have to admit it made me feel really bad.  how selfish of me to make my kid so sleep deprived that she made multiple attempts to nap on our kitchen floor!  my. poor. child.  if nothing else, my kid has got to be the most tolerant child in the world.

the plus side of her 45 minute power nap with my honey was that we could go on an evening walk around campus and stay out later than usual because she really didn't need to sleep again until 9 or so.  that was nice.

i'm getting itchy to move.  this happens every time we're about to move (we haven't lived in the same place for longer than 11 months) but this time i'm more excited than usual because we're moving somewhere bigger than where we currently are!  ever since we got married, the square footage of our place has gotten smaller and smaller and smaller with each move.   i guess our current place is sliiiightly bigger than our one bedroom student housing apartment we were in last year, but that really doesn't count because we have a kid now so it's actually divided three ways instead of just two.  i'll have to take a picture soon to show you where i keep baby girl's play pen.  it's kind of ridiculous.

baby is crawling all over the place.  i was totally dreading it but it hasn't been bad at all.  it nice that she can keep herself occupied without needing me to bring her new toys.  what a self sufficient child.

1 comment:

Katt said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with no motivation. :)

It was fun seeing you last night!