Friday, August 2, 2013

Grandma Joan

Today was a fun day. It flew by because it was what I call a three part day. Today our three parts were costa vida, naptime, and hanging out before bed. Basically naptime is always the second part and we have time for one thing before and one thing after. It makes the days seem to go by so fast. 

Anyways, this morning we all slept in and got a late start on the day. After I got out of the shower, grandma Joan was on the phone with bri who was suggesting lunch at costa vida. So I finished getting ready and off we went. Baby girl had a blast because not only did grandma Joan read her books and play candyland and dollhouse... I didn't make her eat breakfast since we were headed to lunch. What a happy morning!


When we got home it was almost 2 so I put Brady straight down for a nap and then moved Abigail in that direction. She was having frequent meltdowns about anything and everything so it took forever. I indulged her for some of her requests (like insisting on cleaning up candyland) and eventually she got to bed too. And immediately fell asleep. And thank goodness for nap time because those hours always magically transform my kid into a happy girl again. Also, it gave me time to blog a bit. 




When we went to the mailbox later there was a breeze and I felt cold, wishing I had long sleeves. It made me think of Sara snows latest post so I checked the weather. 84 degrees. Sara snow, I am right there with you!


Abigail was helping me unload the dishwasher when she told me to "come! Look at this!"  Baby food jar, upside down bottle, creme brûlée ramekin?  Apparently she's been watching too much America's got talent as well. 


I was in the kitchen at the time so I didn't see it but baby girl told me all about it later. Apparently every single one of these guys got a turn on the swing. 


We were having weird weather this evening. Thundering but sunny outside. So I checked the weather (I'm kind of obsessed with checking the weather. Really.) and was delighted to see that some graphic design person anticipated this very weather. I think it looks pretty cool. 


And you better believe we did this again. Works like a charm. 


Also, not pictured but something of note: Abigail's favorite video lately has been a combo video about safety. Starts with Barney and then has segments from Thomas, bob the builder, kipper, and fireman Sam. Baby girl is now 10000% committed to wearing her bike helmet and telling me we can't cross the street when there are moving cars in view. Also, she really loves Barney. And maybe you'll hate me for saying it but I don't know why he gets so much hate. Obnoxious, yes. But he's friendly and he sings catchy songs and he's purple!  A purple dinosaur!  What if he's the next big thing?!  Maybe this will bump Thomas from the favorite number one spot. We will see. 

No comments: