Friday, August 2, 2013

pictures from the weekend

brady spiked a fever.  that morning he fell asleep in my arms/lap while i was sitting in the baby pool with him so i should have known something was up.  but on a happier note (i know i've said it before), it makes me feel so amazing that i can feel that he has a fever just by putting my cheek on his face.  i can't do it with my hand, but i put my face on his a million times a day so i automatically can tell when something is off.  i loooooove that.  i'm a real mom.
my budding photographer is starting to feel the necessity of taking pictures of everything.  now i know how my honey feels about me.  just put down the camera already and let's play dollhouse!
closeup of naptime.
seriously made me laugh out loud.
tiniest phone ever.
when i'm feeding brady, she seems to think that's a good time to bring me books to read.  when i tell her my hands are full so i can't hold the book or see the words...
she does this.  we've read many many books in this manner.
taking pictures of brady.  can't remember what time it was but i was still in my swimsuit because naptime kept having interruptions and i never got out to mow the lawn and/or shower.  hence, evening time swimwear.

saturday 
we all went to walmart together.  we each took one kid and i enjoyed getting texts like this during my shopping experience.

i'm loving the cheap produce!  honey and i decided to go meatless this week (well, until the weekend since we'll have his grandparents with us) and so i stocked up on a whole ton of stuff challenging myself to get it all eaten before it goes bad.  ps- the prices are all written out because that's how i do price matched stuff on my grocery list.
 sunday
this made me laugh.  we currently have four wards plus the stake offices in our building.  hallelujah that we're only a few months away from our new building being finished!  even though there will be at least 2 wards in our new building... maybe three.  the church is thriving out here.
she calls these "lines" and i really don't correct her when she tells me that she's going to open the lines or look out the lines.
this little guy went from not sitting for two seconds to being able to sit for a whole minute or so.  on our trip, nothing.  came back, he can sit!  also, i still love that his mouth is always open.  like he's in awe of what a great mom i am.  i'm sure.

monday
this was less than an hour after she saw me put a new trash liner in the diaper pail and commented "wow!  you're AMAZING!"  since then, the compliments have only continued.  "that looks really good" "you're doing great" "that's cute"  and on and on.  anything i've ever said, i'm getting it right back.  i love it.  
not like she doesn't already have a million sippy cups, but i loathe them all.  so i got baby girl this water bottle and we both love it.  my favorite part is that she's a little more enthusiastic about drinking water now.  i swear i will make all of my kids enjoy drinking water.  not like my mom didn't try her hardest, but where i see a glimmer of hope, i will charge full steam ahead (too much thomas?  yes.)
i was so impressed with her creativity.  i can't remember the name of these wrenches but we had a million extra from our costco cubbys (each one came with two wrenches) so i set them aside to put in our tool box.  in ten minutes, baby girl had created at least five different designs/shapes/pictures/whatever.  it was impressive.
i keep finding more and more horseshoe crabs in our books!  
i mean, really.  we had this book checked out before the beach but never had time to sit down and actually read it until earlier this week.  a whole two page spread on the horseshoe crab!  books are so incredible.  i love them with all my heart.
one of my fb posted a link on her status saying she got this book for free for her phone.  so i did too.  and then i looked around the kindle store and got a million other books for free too.  mostly more jane austen and similar (like little women) and related (like tea with emma).  i'm excited for them all.
weed, i saw this and it made me think of you.  because you're my favorite ginger ever.  and that one picture of you holding that cake makes me think of i love lucy.  totally threw my ten year old self (or however old i was... emmy, do you remember?) for a loop first time i heard she was a redhead.  
 and that's a wrap.

No comments: