Saturday, July 5, 2014

Thoughts

Let's test my luck actually getting my phone to publish all of these posts. I'm sure they'll all be terribly out of order but I'm gonna go ahead and say it's better than nothing. 

This is the first time I recall leaving for the beach on Friday and staying at a hotel that night and finishing the last stretch on Saturday. Makes the drive a complete breeze but man, hotels can be rough. On the plus side, our hotel was adorable. We stayed at hotel Florence and it's in the historic downtown district of Florence. The hotel is only a year old but it's style makes it look like it's from the 30s or something. The stairway and common areas on the floors were my favorite. Now I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures of it. I mean, they even had a scrapbook on the coffee table of the building process of the hotel. So so charming. Downside, no rooms available with two beds. But we made it work. 

I'm loving looking at all the houses here in the Carolinas. We are mostly passing trailers and small little rundown homes but they're so cute and interesting to look at. 

Brady slept in til 10 am which is pretty typical for him but especially appreciated this morning since he was awake so much of last night. Well, finishing the drive, Brady was asleep by 12:30... And now it's 1 and we are just pulling into ocean isle. At least he's getting a little power nap before we play on the beach! 

No comments: