Saturday, July 5, 2014

Wednesday

I had my to do list all written out by my bedside so I could be super productive and get everything done and packed for our trip and our house cleaned since Elisabeth was coming. Brady had other plans. He was so fussy when we were shopping on Tuesday and well, Wednesday was even worse. The kid cried unless I was holding him. How do I iron clothes, paint my toes, mow the lawn, unload the dishwasher, pack suitcases or anything else with only one arm?!

Well, one thing I could do under the circumstances was lay with Brady while I renewed library books online. And then maybe look at a blog or two. Because my headache was raging (his crying gives me instant and acute headaches that take forever to go away) and I just needed a break from all the crying and holding him constantly. He's got no symptoms of sickness so I'm thinking this has got to be teething. He's the slowest teether ever so this is probably my life for the next month. Good thing he's cute. 


So we dropped off library books, Brady took a 45 minute nap, Elle dropped Abigail off from her house and then Abigail said hi to Elisabeth and Kayla for a minute and headed to Lucy's house since Lucy had been waiting for her for a few hours. My little social butterfly. Hanging out with Elisabeth was awesome. I just barely got the house picked up before she arrived and the rest of the night was laundry and packing and everything that comes with getting ready for a trip. 


I layed out all the kids outfits and folded them together with the shirt facing out and called it a night. I prefer to load everything on the suitcases just right before we zip them up to go. I went to bed around 3 I think. The upside though was that this is the least travel anxiety I've experienced for a whole an I even started packing over 24 hours in advance which I'm not sure has ever happened before. Baby steps. 

No comments: