Sunday, May 22, 2016

6 hours of church

I have so much to write but my head is full and I know I need to sleep. 

The kids and I went to six hours of church today. It was wonderful. Sacrament in our ward was exactly what I needed to hear. Like literally. The stake president called me up to bear my testimony in sacrament meeting after Chris was sustained and what I said was not at all what I wanted to say but it's what came out. Basically, I am so so blessed, but struggle that my offering to the lord is so insufficient. I'm not a terrible, horrible person, but I very often feel like it. I know I struggle with perfectionist tendencies in my home, but I've realized lately it's in a lot of ither areas of my life too. The talks were of course planned before my testimony, but the took place directly after. As if I Layws out my struggle and my concerns were immediately addressed. I had tears streaming down my face as I listened to the words of the speakers. I can't tell you anything that was said because my memory sucks, but the message came through loud and clear. I am so grateful. 

Relief society was also just perfect. Rebecca taught on three conference talks. She is an amazing teacher and conveys everything with such a strong spirit. 

We went straight to the Hilliers ward since it started at one. Nate, Klaudette, and Brent, did great. So many people where there to support them. It was wonderful. Relief society in their ward was also good. About making good decisions that will take you where you want to go. 

The kids did well. Elizabeths slept from 12:15-2:15. Brady actually fell asleep during primary and Klaudette found his sunbeam teacher carrying his sleeping body through the halls between classes. Ha. Abigail's teacher said she seemed tired but was so well behaved and could only say nice things about her. 

Christopher had a meeting from 2:30-4:30. We all ate dinner at the Hilliers at 5 and hung out too. It was a really great day. On the way home, I started to get discouraged at all the stuff I have to do. I swear it would take me six years to catch up on my to do list and it's discouraging. But I need to carry my Sunday with me through this week. Church just gives me this peace and clarity and puts my priorities into focus.  

The day started out so hectic and busy from 7-9 but just turned into something so amazing. It was a great day. 

No comments: