Thursday, May 12, 2016

Miami beach

5.12.16 

I hate blogger. I just wrote this whole post and then was adding my next to last picture and accidentally clicked "launch camera" instead of adding a photo from my camera roll. And of course the camera was broken so it was stuck on that screen and I had to exit out of the app which deleted my entire post. It makes me want to cry but I guess I'm learning lessons. Normally I would have published my text before going back to add photos so it was all saved, but I got less than three hours of sleep last night between 3:30 and 6:15 this morning and I was just anxious to finish and get to sleep. So much for that. 

Take two.

I'm working on writing up text from my Georgia trip because I hate that I didn't blog it while I was there and I'm not going to remember anything from the trip. I'll probably never get around to adding pictures, but honestly, something is better than nothing and when I wait to do things perfectly how I want them done, I know I frequently just never get around to doing them at all. A crappy effort is better than a procrastinated effort that never happens. 

Well, we're in Miami. I've had major anxiety for a few months at leaving Elizabeth. It's been bad this past week and especially last night and this morning. Between that and thinking about granny, I had quite a bit of trouble going to sleep last night. But, I got it all done. Everything got packed and taken care of and I think I even delivered around 90 ounces of frozen milk for Elizabeth to drink while I'm gone. She's weaning herself anyway so I'm pretty sure that'll be adequate. 

I took Abigail to Presley's at 7 so Steph could take her to school. Christopher and I drove separate cars to the Hillier's. We dropped off Brady and Elizabeth and their stuff and left our van with them. I didn't even cry. I was sure I would cry but I managed not to. Klaudette cried though. Of course. ; ) She knew how hard it was for me and she started crying (today was their anniversary) and saying how glad she was that Chris and I could go on this trip together because most of her favorite memories in her 33 years of marriage were when it was just her and Brent together. It gives me anxiety to leave my kids and I despise packing, but I will wholeheartedly admit that trips are a very very very good thing for our marriage. I'm our normal life, we're typically just ships passing in the night. 

Security at the airport was the longest I've ever seen it but we made it in fine time and boarded with C and even got to sit together. I watched an episode of tiny luxury and 2 episodes of fixer upper. Tv makes me impatient. My addiction is 100% reading on the Internet. Anyway, the flight was good except that I was texting Liza when I left, just checking on how granny was doing and everything was okay, and when I landed, granny was in the ER. She's always on my mind anyway and that was definitely not the update I was expecting when I landed. 

We ubered to the hotel. I love uber. It's so much cheaper than taxis but the cars and drivers are so much nicer too. And bonus that you don't have to drive around in a car with an obnoxious sign on the top. Here in Miami, every single one of them was for a pub, hooters, an ambulance chaser law firm, a gambling addiction hotline, and something about unwanted pregnancies that was all "pregnant?" in huge letters. I'm not a fan of taxis. 


Over the next few hours, Chris had a bunch of emails to catch up on and I anxiously awaited updates on granny. New is all good but she'll stay in the hospital several days. 

These are two of my favorite women ever. I know I'm partial but I think they're the cutest. I've looked at this picture so much today. I love it. 

We're at the Palms. It's nice and the hotel staff is so super courteous. We dropped our bags and walked around on the beach a bit. 

Calls. 

And emails. 

I told him that I needed video footage of this and he could be on the next bachelor. 

This is our first picture together this trip. 

This is our second picture together this trip. ; ) 

Really it's the same thing just a different angle. I used to love traveling out of the country because chris didn't have his phone to do work stuff... But now he always gets the international plan because he needs to. So that's probably my number one favorite thing about going on cruises with this guy. There's literally no cell signal. No calls or emails in the evenings when the boat is away from land! Just 24 more hours...

Anyway, then we walked down the street to a little Italian place for dinner. Honey got a seafood pasta with spicy marinara sauce and I got crab ravioli with a mint cream sauce. So us. Honey told me all about his Stanford reunion trip. Because we haven't even had time to talk about it at all this past week that we've been home and together since I got back from Georgia. He's been busy and working and out of town and honestly, I think this was the first time I even asked him about it. Whoops. Just 10ish days late. 

I really loved talking to him. We even stayed and kept talking after we paid. We weren't rushing to get kids home for bed or rushing to get back to take the babysitter home. We were just loving talking to each other. It's always a treat for me when I get to listen to my honey talk about stuff because it doesn't really happen all the time. ; ) 

We stopped by this supermarket for fun. And because honey knows how I prefer full bottles of sunscreen. And paying $10 for the Hawaiian tropic bottle I love instead of $7 for the brand I've never heard of. That sort of crap makes me feel rich. Five years ago I would have rather fallen over dead than pay $3 extra for sunscreen. We would have used the travel ones we brought. I was laughing out loud at honeys comments about how crazy that store was with super slim aisles and tons of inventory in it too. So so funny. 

Back at the hotel, we put on our swimsuits and went to the beach. Honey swam while I watched him and read readers digest. When he came back, we hung out on the beach and played that word power trivia page. Half way through, honey was all "wait, I lost track, what's the score so far?"  I just had to laugh because, what? I wasn't aware we were keeping score. I though we were just testing ourselves. I blame our children's competitive nature on him. I have none in me. But, for the record. We both suck. Out of 13, I only got 4 and honey got 5. We've gotta work on that. But it was so fun. Just to do something silly and pointless like that. We never ever ever do stuff like that at home. This is why trips are so crucial. 

We went to the pool and swam a bit. It's heated but of course I was still cold. So back at the room, honey did more calls and emails while I took a never ending hot shower. I'm not a fan of those from the ceiling rain showers but I guess people love them because I swear they're in almost every hotel we stay at. I'm nearly positive our cruise ship will have normal showers in our teeny tiny bathroom so I'm glad about that. I prefer showers that can target hot water on my constantly aching back. ; )

It was a good day. I can say that now because I survived. I make have been overwhelmed with bad butterflies in my stomach feelings and shaking and feeling like I wanted to puke (Elizabeth, I love you... I'm sure you don't notice I'm gone but I'm missing you hardcore) but I made it and am already reaping the marital benefits of this trip with my love. 

Also, for the record. I love and miss my other kids too. But they have been so crazy excited about sleeping over at grandma's that I'm more excited for them than anything else. And I don't feel like they are a part of me like my nursing baby is. 

But, just wanted to be clear that I love my kids and I love my baby... It's just that one was a little harder to leave. The others are just living out their dreams. 

I'm glad to be here and I'm excited to hit the beach in the morning with my honey... It's just that my mind and my heart has been consumed with my Elizabeths today. Good thing I know they're both in good hands. ; ) 

No comments: