Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Out for summer!

Today was Abigail's last day of kindergarten! Our family is officially on summer break! 

I feel like the school year just started so it blows my mind that it's already over. The kids and I are so ready for the pool to open (this Saturday! On Elizabeth's birthday!) and Abigail is thrilled to be done with school for a while. That's so my kid. She'll tell anyone that asks... No, she doesn't like school because it's hard and recess is her favorite part. 



My goal is for my kids to play with toys as little as possible. I hate the mess, and honestly, I just don't think it's necessary. They can play outside. If they need to be inside, we can read books together or they can color or dance. Abigail said those were her two favorite things so hopefully we can do a lot of that. Of course there's tons of puzzles and small toys that are still hanging around. But hopefully it won't really come to that. I'm a nicer mother when my kids aren't making messes. ; ) 

Anyway, we're excited. To celebrate, I took the kids to chick fil a (well, first to kohls to pick up my [free $10] wet brush which is actually a miracle brush like all the only reviews claim!) for lunch and playtime. I got my free chick fil a calendar Cobb salad and it was delish. And I got two dressing packets because I didn't know if I would like the avocado lime dressing or the garlic herb ranch. Turns out I liked both. I think the salad had about 20 grams of fat in it. And each packet of dressing had about 30 grams of fat. I'm no nutritionist, but I'm pretty sure something is off when my lunch salad was roughly 80 grams of fat. Whoops. I will say though that it was delicious. 

Then we came home and the kids played outside for a few hours with lucy and Presley until we took them in at 6:15.  



Our home teacher came over. A bit awkward since we still have no sofas but we made it work. Also kinda sad because we'll probably have to get new home teachers with Chris getting kicked out of elders quorum. 

We had sandwiches (the kids and honey) and cereal (just honey) for dinner. I had some green beans since I was already feeding them to Elizabeth. She eats so much. Tonight was a bunch of green beans, an entire banana, a big bowl of baby oatmeal mixed with whole milk, and some pinto beans. She eats so much.

She's been doing this thing where she likes to take her food from her tray and put it into her catcher bib or just in her seat by her side. I can't put my finger on it but it's so hilarious and so insanely adorable. Tonight, I picked her up and her bloomers were all wet on the bottom. Because she'd stashed so many green beans under her bum. That kid is so funny. I love laughing with her. We love laughing together. 

Who's excited not to have to load kids in the car tomorrow morning at 9?  

🙋

No comments: