Tuesday, August 16, 2016

My baseball player

My lovefest for Brady continues. He is so fun and sweet and mature. He throws away or recycles everything I ask him to. He says thank you all day long ("mom, I like saying thank you... For everything"). He snuggles with me and is always asking me to play with him. He always keeps me laughing. 

Yesterday, we were in the car and talking about something completely unrelated when Brady asks out of the blue "mom, tomorrow, can I help you clean the basement? But you can tell me what to do because I don't know what to do. You can tell me what to do and I'll do it."  

Today he was going potty while I was changing Elizabeth's diaper. From the bathroom, I hear the most excited "mom! I pooped a candy cane!!!" I laughed out loud. He is so endearing.

He's back to sleeping in Abigail's nightgowns because "I just want to look like Abigail."  Christopher doesn't love this but I have to remind him that Brady is surrounded by his little sister, big sister, and mother all day long. It's only natural for a little sibling to want to be like their big sibling. Don't worry, we still encourage him to dress in boy pjs... but it's not something I'm going to have him cry over so we let it go. 

He's been extra into soccer and baseball this past week. Yesterday I found a pair of hand me down shoes in his closet that he's never worn. I don't really put my kids in sneakers and looking at these, I thought I should just pass them along because we likely won't have a need for them before he grows out of them. Taking them down to my giveaway pile in the basement, Brady was all "can I try in those shoes?!"  Of course they fit him and he loved them. "Thank you for my soccer shoes mom!"  And that was history. They're his soccer shoes and he wears them to play soccer because he's a real soccer player. 

Also yesterday, something came up about baseball clothes or something and he put on his baseball jersey. I got this bright idea to get his old pair of black sweat pants and pull them up to his knees and pair them with tall socks and his "soccer shoes."  The baseball uniform was born. Brady was pessimistic about it while I was dressing him but oh you should have seen his face when he walked in my bathroom and saw his reflection in the mirror. He was soooo excited. So of course this morning he had to get in full baseball gear for us to play baseball together in the front yard. But he was shy about it (I think) because he hid behind my lawn chair when he saw our neighbor's next door and told me he didn't want me to tell them we were playing baseball. This kid is just so tender and precious. I love him so much. 

So so so so so so much. 











No comments: