Monday, August 29, 2016

Stake conference Sunday!

Holy cow I am tired and I even napped for over two hours this afternoon. I'm guessing that's my sleeping pill taking effect right now. 

This past week was good. I think we went to the pool on Monday and Tuesday, ran errands on Wednesday and Thursday, and stayed home on Friday. 

Notables of the week... 
Chick fil a is great. I got our free chicken biscuits again this past Wednesday and used my calendar card for the free drink. Free free free. 


I'd bought a cheap vacuum at Walmart a week or two ago for $36 but never got it out of the box because I knew I'd hate it. This week, I got a new shark vacuum from Costco and was so excited to use it. It's great. It's not perfect, but I think it'll have me vacuuming a little more frequently and doing a better job now too. Brady has even been excited to use it. 


My friend Sarah is selling me on joining the rec center gym. Everything about it sounds just perfect except for the part that I hate working out or physically exerting myself in any way. We'll see. 

Saturday, Brady was soooo sad not to be able to go to greta's birthday party with Abigail so I took him to the pool instead. I mean, I knew this was coming but even I was surprised how long he cried about it. "But mom, I wrote Greta a thank you note for inviting me to her party!!!" It's true, he did scribble and do that, the only problem is that he wasn't invited. But, I had fun with just him at the pool. We were almost the only people there and the weather was great. 


Friday afternoon, I got stung by a yellow jacket. The pain disappeared when I applied lavender oil but Saturday morning it had started itching. 



The itching and redness and swelling comes and goes. Today the swelling and redness was pretty bad, but I can keep it in check by icing it occasionally so I think we're okay. Tonight it has been practically not noticeable. 



I'm on a roll keeping my house picked up. I clean the kitchen each night before heading to bed. I look forward to packing Abigail's lunches. I'm succeeding pretty well right now at motherhood so that's exciting for me. 

Elizabeth turned 15 months today. She is adorable and getting a bit sassy I think. She claps at any success, real or percieved, and giggles every time she thinks she's going to get food. It's awesome. Also, she still cuddles with me like crazy. After spending time with Walter's walden and his teddy bed, every time Elizabeth cuddles me I just think to myself "I am her teddy bed!" So far, with each kid I have, they are increasing in cuddliness. 

Today was a perfect Sunday. Most aren't because Chris is gone all day. But today was stake conference so he was with us the entire day. We even drove to church together and sat together! The kids couldn't believe it. We had French toast when we got home, quiet time from 12:15-3:15 when Elizabeth, honey, and I took naps while Brady and Abigail trashed the house. We cleaned up from 3:30-4:15 and then took a walk from 4:20-6:20 which included a long stop at Abigail's school to hang out on the playground and run around the field and watch a family with a remote control airplane. We even saw the cottles on the way home. The kids and honey watched a Jesus cartoon from 6:30-7 while I made that garlic butter shrimp pasta again. Abigail set the table again (this is my new favorite thing) and we all ate. Some more than others. I have no idea how Elizabeth can down so much food and so fast. Two large, Costco thick slices of turkey, three or four servings of noodles, some shrimp, two servings of raspberries, and even two servings of jello because we were feeling generous. 

Then the kids all got baths and were put to bed. I cleaned the kitchen and made honey an awesome lunch for tomorrow and we hung out a bit before bed. The day was a huge success. Both kids even mentioned in their prayers today/tonight how they were thankful we got to go on a long walk (the weather was literally perfect) and "thank you daddy can come home" and Abigail told me she loved today because it didn't feel like a Sunday, it just felt like a regular day. Ha. My kids currently aren't a fan of Sundays but we're working on it. 



Here's to another great week. 

No comments: