Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday

Yesterday, Abigail's school was cancelled due to frigid temps. Today, it was on a 90 minute delayed start for the same reason. It looked beautiful outside so I checked my weather app. 


That's why. -8 degrees with a -20 degree windchill. We had a more leisurely morning getting ready and even read a chapter of Abigail's magic treehouse book before getting in the car to go to school at a blessed 10:30.  

I never take pictures of my kids anymore but this morning I made a concerted effort. Abigail's class is having their blue party today so Abigail is dressed in head to toe blue. I mean, even blue plaid high tops! Thanks to Jodi and Elle for those. 

Also, these two. They both just got out of the bath and put on fresh pj's so Elizabeth's hair looks crazy. Clean but not fancy. Also, she insisted on wearing these pink jelly sandals. Thanks for those, Liza. Elizabeth has been giddy about them all morning. 

And man, my dad knows me so well. This morning, I was enjoying my European chocolate treats while writing in my daily journal. 


Can I just say that I shared my dark chocolate walnut and dig chocolate with Brady and Elizabeth. I am terrible at sharing with my kids, but I did this morning and they were both delighted. Normally I would have eaten the good stuff while giving them cheap chocolate chips or something, but this morning we all lived the high life. They both have a fierce sweet tooth and also, I think they appreciate fine chocolate. 

Last thing for right now, we got our pictures today from the photographer in Atlanta. They're super cute. 



No comments: