Monday, January 30, 2017

Not average

Brady is not a super average four year old. I realized that when I was talking to Chris in December about what brady would like for his birthday and Christmas and I was listing sunglasses and a watch and a few other things like that. Chris was all, "can't we get him a toy truck or something?! He's turning four!" I assured him that Brady almost never requested toys but did ask for a watch and sunglasses several times each week. 

Don't worry, we got him a mix of things and he loved all of his toys. 

But his odd requests continue.

This morning, he told me he'd like some binoculars for Christmas this year because he's "been thinking about it a lot." It's true, he's been requesting binoculars probably once a month since we went to the cabin in July. He really liked my dad's binoculars. 

The other day he was asking me how many days it was until he turns five. He asks me this several times a week so I gave him the usual, about 330 more days. Going along with the conversation he talked about how much he liked his baseball cake when he turned four and I asked him what kind of cake he'd like for his fifth birthday. 

"Umm, probably a cake with a dad on it because I want to be a dad."  

I told Chris I was going to have his picture screened onto a Walmart cake. ; ) It's gonna be AMAZING!!! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All of this sounds adorable! I wish I were in the same state as you so I could see these adorable brady-isms. Love you friend!