Monday, January 9, 2017

Second Sunday

Of course I just wrote this long and involved post and was so proud of myself but blogger erased it when it was posting. I hate blogger. With a fiery passion. And technology. Because why limit my hate?! I need to start copy pasting my posts to "notes" or something before I hit post. What a colossal waste of time. Well, I'll try to recreate it in a shortened, crappier version of the original post. 

Second Sunday of the year and second Sunday in nursery. 

Honey surprised me by coming home at 10:15 and taking Abigail and Brady to church with him at 10:30 since I had the two of them practically ready by then. What a luxury to have 25 minutes to get myself and Elizabeth fed and ready. So much easier! 

Elizabeth is getting to be such a struggle during sacrament meeting, but, another one down... We survived. 

Nursery went well. The kids did well and the time flew by. 

After church I took a few pictures of the kids. Nothing to frame, but it documents them well. They really love each other. 





Also after church. Was a complete whirlwind as I got the four of us all fed and changed into comfy clothes and Elizabeth down for a nap and the house picked up. My new friend Sarah got called to be the new visiting teaching coordinator. The plan was for her to come over at 3, but thankfully she came at 3:30 instead. It only took a little over an hour and that was when Chris was getting home! Excellent timing. It worked really well because Elizabeth was napping and Abigail and Brady were watching a show in my room. All was still and quiet. When I trained Sarah, I realized that sometime in the previous few days, my lds.org privileges had gotten revoked so I no longer had access to visiting teaching stuff. Totally fine though because they'd already transferred everything to her. It was nice to have those ties totally severed. I need to figure out how to do that with my welcoming committee calling from over two years ago. Somehow I'm still "in charge" of our ward's Facebook group. 

Chris had to leave again just two hours after he got home... For some fireside I think... But I did have him get Elizabeth up from nap and feed the kids dinner  and get them mostly ready for bed. 

After church, on the way to the car, Brady was already talking to me about the scary video he saw in class. And then at home he didn't want to go upstairs to change clothes because he was scared. And then he kept bringing it up every hour or two for the rest of the day and  then was too scared to stay in his bed when it was time to go to sleep even though he shares a room with Abigail and I was sitting right outside their door. I finally texted his teacher about it just saying that Brady kept talking about the video from class and could she send me the link so I have a clue what he's talking about? It was her first Sunday teaching him because she was gone last week. She wrote back. 



I still need to respond. I don't want to pin Brady as a kid she needs to work around and I'm super hesitant to ever say anything to Sunday school teachers or people at church because they're doing a calling they didn't ever self qualify for or request... But I need to do something before Brady has bad associations with church and scary bad guys. He's such a thinker. Abigail is so carefree and confident that everything will be just fine and work itself out. Brady need to know all the details and takes it on himself to worry about it. The questions he asks me are hilarious and sad and exhausting. The poor guy. On the plus side, he managed to stay in his bed all night and was very pleased with himself this morning. 

Elizabeth is sick and her canines are breaking through. She had a rough time going to sleep last night. Poor girl. But at least she slept all night (although with frequent coughing) and is still sleeping in at 10:30... Hopefully her little body recovers soon. 

Goals for this week... Unpack my suitcases from thanksgiving and Christmas, get groceries, do laundry,  go to whatever appointments are on my calendar, keep my house relatively cleaned, not lash out at my kids. It's lofty, but it's something to work towards. 

No comments: