Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Today was good

Today was a pretty good day! I suck at being a friend, but luckily I have friends like Shaylee that are so great at reaching out like she did yesterday. Brady and Elizabeth and I went over this morning from 10-2 and played. It was just what I needed after another frustrating morning with Abigail and getting her to school late. Also, Brady was thrilled and loved it (both kids did... The ages with our youngest two match perfectly) and it kept him from napping. Woohoo!  And Shaylee even fed us all lunch. Gourmet turkey burgers and cottage cheese and carrots and cauliflower with ranch. It was so good. I just kept saying "you know this is way more than I even do for myself and my family for dinner, right?!" The kids had cucumbers and cereal and easy mac. Someday I'll move effortlessly through my kitchen. Until then, I'll keep being stressed about slicing up two apples when my kids have friends over. 

We came home, I put Elizabeth down for a nap, Brady watched Mickey Mouse clubhouse, I did misc stuff. Stephanie from across the street dropped off a gallon of milk because she forgot to cancel that week and had too much, and Jodi dropped Abigail off from school because I agreed to watch Mary's kids while she went to the temple tonight to help with youth baptisms. So my three were thrilled to play with friends all evening (well, from 4:15-7, but that's basically from school's out until bedtime) and once again, the ages matched great because Brady had a little boy just a few months younger than he is and Elizabeth had a little girl a few months younger than she is. All five of them played so so well together and it was such a blessing that it worked out so well for being thrown together just a few hours before. 

Chris was able to come home for a bit for part of dinner and then again at 7:15 to put kids to bed. Everything really just fell into place for today considering yesterday morning I had absolutely nothing on the schedule.


I even was able to make progress in cleaning my kitchen and vacuuming downstairs and all the toys are put away. So I at least have a couple of rooms in my house that aren't completely messy whereas a day ago, I didn't even have a clean corner to look at. I'm making progress!  Little by little. Maybe someday I'll even unpack my suitcase from Christmas. And my suitcase from thanksgiving too. Whoops. I suck. 

Anyway, this day definitely had its share of downs, but I feel like this is a pretty good report of the positives to remember. I'm gonna mark it as a success. 

No comments: