Wednesday, February 22, 2017

23 weeks

How far along:  23 weeks  (2.22.17)
Total weight gain/loss: +13 lbs 
Maternity clothes:  just some maternity shirts still.  thanks to emmy for sending me maternity clothes!  i was only expecting the few things i lent her but she sent tons of extra shirts too!  thank goodness because i really don't have much on my own. also, while mom was here, i took out all the clothes in my closet that i'm not planning to wear while i'm pregnant so i won't have to look at them.  my closet has breathing room now! it's amazing! the rest of my clothes will be waiting for me in bins in the basement.  
Sleep:  i;m gonna say "exactly the same as before" and copy from the previous post.  i will say extra though that my dreams are so bizarre and i have several each night.  this week has been a doozy.  also, i almost always have a love interest in my dreams.  it's seriously the weirdest feeling when i wake up. I feel like it's been the same as last week so i'm just going to keep it mostly same.  my dreams are weird and sometimes exhausting.  i've been going to sleep at a decent hour, often by 9:30.  and brady has even stayed in his bed several nights this week which probably helps more than anything.  i've found that i need an absence of brady and at least ten hours of sleep to feel rested in the morning.  it's crazy that i can get 8 or 9 hours of sleep and just still feel tired. or i can get ten hours of sleep but if brady was in my bed then i'll still feel tired.  he sneaks in on the outside so i end up sleeping in the middle of chris and brady and only have about 18 inches of the bed to myself.  i told chris that it feels like i'm trying to sleep in a coffin.  no matter which way i turn (and turning is very frequent during the night), i always have someone's head in my face and someone's knees in my belly. sometimes during the night, i'll just shove brady over to chris and then at least i can be on the edge and only have someone on one side of me.  it's a work in progress.
Best moment this week:  thursday at noon until tuesday at midnight! having my parents in town was amazing beyond words... and i'm so thankful i could go straight to shaylee's girls night after dropping my parents off. it helped lessen the blow. 
Movement:  still more kicks and turns.  occasionally i just stop and wait for a contraction to end because it's uncomfortable.  also, i've been getting round ligament pain and i feel like i'm going to pull a muscle or something!
Food cravings:  it's going well.  when i eat a food that i like, it tastes really, really good.  i've been loving eggs on toast again but only make it once or twice a week.  turkey sandwiches were really hitting the spot while my parents were here.  it's so much more love to love food than to hate it so i appreciate when i'm pregnant and i like food.
Symptoms: nausea and headaches some evenings, some mild depression (crying and anger and apathy, almost totally under control with zoloft), increased fatigue, acne, still sometimes feeling like i'm going to faint/pass out when i stand up, super super weird dreams, sometimes waking during the night for no reason at all, growing stomach...
Gender:  i'm still in slight denial and have to remind myself that it's a boy.  about half the time, i keep thinking ahead to summer and that i'll have a baby girl. 
What I miss:  sometimes i'm just sad that i don't want to hang out with my kids more or that i don't feel as much love and affection for them as i should. also, it's kind of a time suck that i need so much sleep. i feel like i don't get much alone time because i need so much sleep and there's not time for both.
Milestones:  i stopped paying attention and time is flying by!
Theme: the week of so much happiness with my parents visiting!
What's different this time around:  most closely following elizabeth's pregnancy...still.  ; )
Extra:  it's so great to be on zoloft right now and not be depressed.  i'm almost my normal self.  i love that i don't lose it with my kids on a daily basis and that i can get out of bed and get dressed and i'm not reduced to tears multiple times a day.  i laugh and i joke and i look at my kids with love (well... sometimes some of them.  ; ) just kidding... kind of) and honestly I just forget that I'm gliding along in this pregnancy. Like I know I skipped a week or two of picture taking and a week or two of blogging about it, but I had no idea it's been a month! At shaylee's girls night, I saw people I haven't seen in a long time. I'm friends with all of those people from always going to shaylee's girls nights, but I don't see any of the girls outside of that. So four of us were pregnant and no one knew that I was. Someone asked how far along I was and I seriously had no clue. I was all "I think maybe 22ish weeks? Sometime in the early 20's." One girl, Lizi, said she was 24 weeks and I was all "wow! You're just a few weeks ahead of me! When is your due date?!" She's due three days before me, on the 18th. I was so confused like there is no way I'm that far along. But, I guess I am. I still looked it up online though to confirm. Makes sense though because my 24 week appt is next week. I still feel like the end of February is a month away but I guess it's here already. Ha. Seriously, it's just flying by without me realizing. Makes me feel better though because I was all "how did I gain 16lbs already and I'm only 21 weeks?! Indeed to cut back on the bagels!" But, turns out, I'm farther along than I thought I was and my math is also worse than I remember. Or maybe it's my memory because my mind was using the wrong pre-pregnancy weight. Whoops. Anyway, I spent so long counting down the days til mom and dad's visit and then the visit itself just flew by and now it's the end of February and things are moving right along! Yikes! 
Now to start thinking about boy names...

No comments: