Sunday, February 12, 2017

The never ending sickness

A week ago, I volunteered at Abigail's school and, upon showing up, found out that Abigail's teacher was out with the stomach bug and actually a third of the entire first grade was absent as well. 

That same day at four o clock, I was waiting in the pickup line and I felt a little sick. But not my normal morning sickness that I get each evening, it was like clenching stomach pains. Instant fear set in. So when I got home, I got straight in bed and texted Chris that I was feeling sick and that hopefully I wasn't coming down with something. Well, he got home, I was still in bed. I started throwing up around 7 or 8 and continued throwing up until 2:30 in the morning. The next time I got out of bed was 11 hours later to go to the bathroom and then 12 hours after that at 1:30am Sunday morning to go to the bathroom. I literally laid in bed for 24 hours and got out for 2 minutes. 

Meanwhile, Chris was doing 100% of our childcare and had taken Abigail and Brady to Applebee's for lunch on Saturday while Elizabeth napped. On the way home, Abigail threw up all over herself and Chris's car. She said she ate too much but then didn't feel sick anymore. 

Sunday morning, I was already planning to stay home from church because I was still recovering and Abigail was less than 24 hours out from throwing up. But then during the night, Elizabeth woke up and had thrown up in her crib. So Sunday, our whole family stayed home. Even though Chris and Brady were well, we didn't know if they were just pre-symptomatic. 

Sunday night, Brady started coughing incessantly.
Monday, Brady coughed constantly all day and night. 
Tuesday morning, Elizabeth woke up and had thrown up in her crib. Brady continued to cough. 
Wednesday, Brady continued the incessant cough and started to act feverish with feeling so cold even in a 69* house with fleece footie pjs and a fleece blanket. He also fell asleep at the drop of a hat for nap and for bedtime. With the lights still on. Two hours later, he woke up crying about his right ear hurting. Another hours or two later and he was crying because both ears hurt. Lots of crying and being awake all night. He was in so much pain. 
Thursday, still lots more crying and fever and eat pain. I got an appt with the doctor at 2. Ear infection in the right ear and starting in the left. He slept pretty much from 2:30pm through the night, only being awake for an hour before falling asleep again on the sofa and then being awake for another hour before falling asleep again for the night. 
Friday, still coughing a ton but feeling a little bed and still drained of energy. He fell asleep at 1:30 on the sofa (even though Sloane and Bodie were over playing with us) and stayed asleep until 5:30 maybe? He still fell asleep fine when it was time for bed. Overnight, Elizabeth developed the cough, though not as incessant as Brady's once was. 
Saturday, Brady and Elizabeth both coughing a lot, but otherwise pretty normal (except neither having eaten all week (Elizabeth due to teething). 
Sunday (today), I was debating if I could take coughing kids to church. Decided to because we've missed so much church lately and it's just a cough. At 10, I called Abigail into my bathroom so I could curl her hair. She was throwing up on the stairs. So here I am home from church with all three of my kids again. Chris is mortified that we're one of those families now that misses a month of church because of kids being sick. We were supposed to host the bishop youth fireside tonight at our house but not anymore. 
This feels never ending.

I'm December I was out of town for two Sunday's. Then I went to our ward on New Year's Day. Then I missed two Sunday's from my pregnancy depression. Then I was there for one Sunday. Then I've missed  this Sunday and last Sunday. I think I've been to our ward three of the last nine Sunday's. I'm that person now. 

No comments: