Monday, February 27, 2017

Jekyll and Hyde

Brady has hit the point of wanting to oppose things. He was such an agreeable kid for the longest time but has learned from the best (this morning he yelled "Cooey! Every bad thing to mom!" which is something Abigail made up. Should I be worried that my daughter has made up special profanities that specifically pertain to me? "Cooey" means "every bad thing to mom" and when she's really super mad then she yells "ooey cooey pooey!" which I'm not sure of the direct translation to) and has just gotten older and to that age and now throws huge tantrums and frequently answers "I don't want to!" when I ask him to do something. 

He still has so many redeeming moments though. Today my favorite was when I was folding laundry and he saw his baseball shirt. "Mom! Thank you for washing my favorite baseball shirt!" as he swung his arms around me for an enthusiastic hug. And then repeat two minutes later the exact same thing except it was his favorite sports pj's. He kept giving me hugs and kisses and smiles and thank yous as he saw all of his favorite clean clothes that I'd washed for him. 

And sitting with him while he was falling asleep, he wouldn't stop talking to me. 

"Brady, close your eyes and close your mouth." 
"But mom, I can't because I'm so excited for tomorrow because tomorrow is Saturday."  
"Tomorrow is Tuesday." 
"Oh. Will dad have to go to work?" 
"Yeah."
"But I'm just so excited to play with dad and do sports with dad and watch paw patrol with dad and..." (it went on and on and on and even included going to Abigail's birthday with dad.)

Also, he's still just so dang snuggly. If he sees me sit down, he comes over to snuggle. Including during meals which normally drives me insane. So so cuddly. 

No comments: