Friday, February 24, 2017

Packing with Shaylee

This morning, Abigail came and got me up so I could turn on the water for her shower. We got her all dressed and her hair done (class pictures at school) and off to school early so she could go to PE club. She was so cooperative and focused because she knew I was helping her get ready for PE club. Such a successful morning. So unlike most every other morning. 😔

Christopher had a plumber come over to check out our water heater. I told them I couldn't stick around any longer because I was going to Shaylee's to hang out and help her pack because she's moving tomorrow. I was at Shaylee's from probably 10:45-3:45. So convenient that Elizabeth can nap in a crib over there and I don't have to come home by 1. 

Shaylee and I had a great time packing and spending time together and Johnny got us all chick fil a for lunch and life was just great. Chris said he'd wanted to stop by but didn't because I'd never responded to his text asking if Johnny was there. I'm so sad that I never saw it. Because that would have been so fun. 

Anyway, we got this picture before I left. It makes us both super happy because we have a tradition of taking our picture together like this. 


I also love that we both have our hair back, no makeup, and didn't bother to shower or put on real clothes. That's apparently our packing style. It was a great day. 

I picked Abigail up from school at 4, worked on all her homework with her, Chris came home, I made the kids Mac and cheese, they ate it while they watched paw patrol, and Chris took them to the sock hop at Abigail's school. I put Elizabeth down for bed and then wasted way too much time on my phone. Ugh. 

Chris and the kids had a great time. Abigail was exhausted and everyone else got to sleep too. 

I'm so sad that Shaylee is moving but I am excited to see her again in a few weeks when they come back to close on their house. I'm just sort of still living in denial. 

No comments: