Friday, February 24, 2017

My dreams in the flesh

Having a child between 18 months and 2 years. It is maybe my favorite age. Elizabeth is hilarious. Her facial expressions and mannerisms are getting pretty hilarious.  I'm still loving that she walks everywhere, and now she's starting to talk! It's normally "uhfuh" which translates to "I want food."  Unless she wants socks or shoes instead. Also, "MOM!" It's just so fun. She is a bottomless pit, she has an impeccable sense of humor, and has developed a fierce love of books. She's still everyone's favorite person in the family. And if this new baby is anything like baby Brady, chances are good that Elizabeth will reign champion for at least another year to come. ; ) 


Abigail is an amazing reader. She's not quite to the point of 100 page chapter books, but she's excellent with long and difficult words and is completely comfortable reading most any picture book to Elizabeth or Brady. This is literally a dream come true for me. For many years, I have dreamed of my older kids reading to my younger kids. 

Also adorable watching Abigail help lift Elizabeth into this chair. They're inching their way to independence. 

Remember when I was newly pregnant with Elizabeth and I spent hours each day laying on the floor new to Brady's crib, holding his hand while he fell asleep? Well, we held hands tonight as he fell asleep. And then I continued to hold his hand for at least another hour or so. 

No comments: