Thursday, March 9, 2017

Chivalry

This morning, we dropped Abigail off at school and then Brady and I shared a bowl of mango salsa. After we were done cleaning up and walking away, I started drinking a cup of milk and then held out a sippy and said "hey... Do you want a sippy?  ... Sometimes salsa makes me thirsty."  He thought about it for a second and came back to me. As he grabbed the sippy from my hand, he held my hand for an extra second or two. 

And he kissed the top of my hand. 

Little stuff like this just brightens my day and it's not anything out of the norm for this boy. I have no idea where he got it from, but he will give me extra hugs and kisses and make sure to say stuff like "thanks for getting me this shirt that has nuggets colors!" I definitely didn't teach him to kiss the top of my hand at various points during the day but I am grateful for it. 

It makes me feel like a princess. Every time. 

No comments: