Friday, March 3, 2017

Today

This morning, Brady and I played pretend school. I packed him a lunch in a lunch box and a snack and a few books and extra sweater and two motorcycles in his Rockies backpack and he walked to the great room and put it in the corner/his cubbie and we read two books for story time and had a few cuties for snack and we did learning time at the table with a preschool letters workbook. Then we went back to the great room and read a book about bugs and learned fun facts about the bugs in the book. And then we had more learning time at the table and ate lunch. And then we had cleanup time (from Abigail's previous mess... Brady was all "but wait, we didn't have playtime!") and show and tell where Brady told us about his motorcycles. Then we all said goodbye and I took Elizabeth up for nap and Brady took his Rockies backpack to his room and unpacked it on his bed. It was pretty great. I forgot to do Brady's flip a wordreading books with him and he forgot to remind me that we were going to do hand tattoos/stickers at the end of school. Maybe next time! 

Elizabeth napped, Brady watched paw patrol and Mickey Mouse, and I took a shower. Brady fell asleep in my bed while I showered so when Elizabeth woke up, I played with her in her room putting away clothes in her closet while she pulled all the leggings and shoes she could and tried on at least ten pairs of shoes. Also, we did quite a bit of reading good night moon and pride and prejudice. And she read to her doll. I gave her a doll yesterday and it immediately became her most favorite toy. She's obsessed and it is darling. I mean, with no prompting, she kisses and cuddles it and puts it in her high chair and tries to put her bib on it and feeds it a baby bottle and her sippy cups and oh my heavens it is darling. She also insists on bringing it in the car with her when we pick up Abigail from school. Basically, we're both pretending that baby brother is already here. 

We got abigail from school, had some learning time in the kitchen for Brady doing his workbook and me helping Abigail with her star of the week poster and then Abigail telling me off the best way her six year old self knows how, and then eventually, Chris came home and we all went to a birthday party for our friend mike. Good company and so much fun. And holy cow the food hit the spot. I ate at least four plates of it. 

You know you're getting old when you and your husband have conversations like "can you believe mike is 50 years old?!" And the other responds, "I know! seriously! I can't believe it! He seems so young!" Apparently 50 is the new 20. 

It was a good day and it's almost 1am and I have a packed day tomorrow. Ugh. I'm so stupid for staying up. I'm never gonna stay awake through tomorrow. 

No comments: