Sunday, March 5, 2017

Non stop Saturday

My morning started at 6:45 when I woke up to the sound of all three of my kids already awake. So so tired because I didn't get to sleep til 1am. But I went to get Elizabeth and she had maybe the worse blowout I've ever seen in my life. Up to her neck and down to her angles and completely coating the outside of her diaper. She'd been sleeping on her belly and I swear I unzipped, looked, and rezipped her pjs at least four or five times before I finally tackled it. It took almost two full hours to clean her up, bathe her several times, clean up her nasty pj's, etc. Her teething symptoms kill me. They also kill her too as evidenced by her blood curdling screams. The poor kid. 

Our stake RS thing started at 9, but I didn't get there til much later because I was still in my bathrobe at 9. Sarah and I went to two classes. Family relationships and recognizing daily miracles... Both very good. The speakers at the end were great. This one woman told about the trials in her life over the past 27 years and it was truly unbelievable how one person could endure so much. Lunch was amazing. A salad bar on steroids and I ate the most enormous heaping plate. Also, the chocolate cakes for dessert were amazing. 

I swung by home and picked up Abigail in the garage and we went straight to highlands ranch high school and got there just a few minutes before the Cinderella play started at 2. It was good. You know, not up to the beauty and the beast standards at the pace, but still fun. 

We got back by 3:45 or so and I took a few minutes for quiet time in my bed. We went to the Cottles at 4 to drop our kids off and then we went to mod pizza with Sarah and Andrew. It was so much fun to hang out with them. I was still stuffed from lunch but I was happy to bring home lots of leftovers for Sunday. 

Back at their house, we hung out for a while and finally made our exit while Abigail and Brady were both having meltdowns. Luckily it's a one minute drive home because Abigail was literally clawing at Brady's eyes. Chris was not happy about the dangerous situation and it made me sad to tell him that Abigail hurts Brady on a very regular basis. 

The kids all did teeth and went straight to bed. We were all so exhausted. It was a really great day. 


No comments: