Wednesday, November 17, 2010

4 month appointment

remember baby's 2 month appointment?  well, don't worry, this one went better.  i still think there's a little something off about the doctor's hair, voice, and face but whatever, i'm trying to get over that.

everything started off same as before.  white shirts and bow-ties in the parking deck, super friendly nurse alvin, y'know...  i'd been having anxiety about this appointment for a week, not wanting the doctor to reprimand me for having a super skinny baby.  well, i was really relieved when alvin weighed baby girl and the scales showed that she'd at least broken 12 lbs.  but, still nervous because it's not hard to see that she's really skinny... regardless of how much she weighs.  and alvin gave me her percentiles and she was STILL dropping.  great.

so the doctor came in with five- count them- FIVE charts to show me how my baby stacked up to all the other babies out there.  here are pictures of the charts... because i'm a visual learner.  and because i don't feel like typing all that out.






those X's down below the lines at the bottom of the paper?  those are my kid.  the doctor went through all the charts one by one explaining them to me in detail.  she got to the end and gave me that look (same as last time when she told me my kid was too skinny because her percentiles were falling) and she said "y'know... i'm not worried about her at all!  i think she's just a really lean baby and that's just how she'll be."  HALLELUJAH!   and then we became best friends.  i even forgave her, in my head, for not believing me at the last appointment when i said those very words to her.  and she was impressed with how much baby girl eats and said she's developing great and blah blah blah.  so FABULOUS, i don't know why i needed the doctor's approval on my child's scrawniness, but now that i have it i just feel much better about life.

and because i'm sure you're just DYING to know the specifics...
11.15.10 - 4 month appointment
12 lbs 2 ounces  19%
25.5 inches  91%
hc 39.6 cm  15%

so she's 2 lbs, 2 inches, and 2 cm bigger than she was 2 months ago.  is there a name for that?  alliteration with numbers?

and speaking of numbers, my beef is 80/20 and my kid is 91/19.  just thought you should know...

anyways...


with a bmi in the bottom 3%, tyra, i've got america's next top model for you...





or maybe not.

6 comments:

Diana C. said...

I can't believe you just compared your child to your beef..... :) I love it. Anyway, she is definitely a Maycock and that cannot be denied. Those crazy genes! I can't wait to see you soon ( i hope over the holiday) and Happy Early Birthday!!!!!

Karen said...

Wow she is little. But so stinkin cute! That was Haylee too. I was always so scared to go the dr because Haylee a couple of times was not even on the charts. What do those dr's know? Some babies are tiny, some are huge.

Sara said...

Next time you go to the doctor, you should just show her a picture of your family. She needs to understand that EVERYONE in your family is tall and lean. Then she'll say, "Ohhhhh, I see."

Glad to know your baby is growing well. :)

Mary Mitchell said...

looks like you're going to be cutting the feet out of all her sleepers.

ok said...

I love your baby.

That is all.

Lydia said...

At least she is tall! She will pass up Adalie in no time LoL I agree though, Abbie will definitely be her mother =)