Wednesday, January 26, 2011

i am ironwoman

or superwoman.  or something like that.

but really all i can think right now is that tonight i was a real person.  my dear christopher invited our sweet friends, dan and daisy, to dinner.  and when they came over our house was spotless top to bottom and dinner was ready and perfect (and not just one of those frozen lasagnas that we always serve when we invite people over for dinner) and my kid and i were both dressed and in a good mood.  i call that a major success.

but really.  want to hear the slightly longer story?  i slept in til 10 today.  when baby woke up at 7:15 this morning i decided that instead of getting up with my child, i'd rather spoon my honey and go back to sleep.  so i gave my kid a pacifier and we all resumed our slumber.  lest you think i starve my child, i will tell you that i did feed her during the night so it's not like she's going forever without food.  well, my phone went off at 9:45 telling me that bizkids music class was in 15 minutes.  hmmm i guess that's not gonna happen today.  when i got out of bed to make sure my kid hadn't suffocated in a crib bumper, i saw a sweet little swaddled babe just hanging out, ever so alertly and silently in her crib.  wet.  very wet.  because her diaper hadn't been changed in 14 something hours and her diapers weigh more than she does.  i marvel at this child.

okay.  all of this is irrelvant.  i'm babbling.  short story: i got off to a slow start and stayed in my pajamas until 2:00 when i finally took a shower.

a short conversation with my honey revealed that he wanted to give them a tour of our apartment since they would be moving into an identical apartment in a month because they're having a baby and will need to make the transition from couples housing to family housing.   also, he had somewhere to be at 3 and wouldn't be home until 15 minutes before our dinner guests.

what?  in the next 4 hours, i have to shower, get ready, make dinner and dessert , and clean our entire apartment?  while taking care of our child?  this was not what i had in mind since the last time dan and daisy came to dinner, i was pregnant and my angel husband told me to take a nap while he cleaned our apartment and made dinner.  then he was the perfect host and then did all of the dishes and cleanup afterwards.  this is not a regular event.  obviously.  since it happened in may and i still remember it like it was yesterday since it was a favorite day of mine.

anyways, all of that is babbling too.  i'm in one of those moods i guess.  so i just mean to say that we got it all done.  christopher made brownies before he left while he watched baby so i could shower.  and baby slept forever while i cleaned the whole apartment and made those chicken enchiladas and then christopher got home at 6:15 and threw together a salad and made rice while i fed baby.  and then i cut up fruit right before we ate and honestly it just couldn't have been more perfect.

so, let this be my bragging moment.  today, i pulled off a bit feat for me.  i was a real person.

ps- i can hear my honey downstairs doing all of our dinner dishes.  music to my ears.

No comments: