Tuesday, November 8, 2011

come shopping with me!

first, i just have to say thank you for the sympathetic and helpful comments and texts about baby!  she improved as the day went on and then went to sleep happy, slept through the night, and woke up happy.  she did well this morning but cried herself to sleep for her nap.  not sure what the deal is but i'll watch out for more teeth/growth spurts!

_________________________________________

i have many faults.  one of my most annoying is that i can not make decisions.  not in a timely manner or ever. it is a terrible thing indeed.  combine this with my hatred of shoe shopping and my dislike of spending money and we've got a big problem on our hands.  because i am in need of boots.

eventually, i'll probably need a pair of black boots as well as a pair of brown boots.  this is difficult for me because i do not like black but i love everything brown.  hence my wall to wall brown home.  but i know as far as clothes go, black is necessary.  so i will just have to suck it up and put on my big girl booties.

my dreams and aspirations for these future boots of mine would be that these boots would be comfortable, look good with jeans and skirts, and preferably be nice enough for church, without looking out of place at story time, the park, or walmart.  y'know, our usual hangouts.  also, since i'm obsessed with brown, that's the color scheme i follow everyday.  except for wintertime sunday clothes... which unfortunately seems to follow a black sort of scheme.  so if we much choose, the black boots need to be dressier and the brown boots more comfortable and casual.

anyways, on to shopping.  after story time at the library, i dragged my baby to target.  i had originally had my eye on these boots from kohls but the shaft of the boot is surprisingly tall and wide.  so it comes to the middle of my knee, feels a little awkward, and would be impossible to wear without jeans because it would make my baby calves looks like tiny toothpicks.  and i'm already self conscious about my calves, even without giant boots.  so i tried on most every tall boot target had available, which was difficult considering almost none of them were in my size.  the sizes ranged from 7 to 11 so if you think "don't get that pair of boots... they make your feet look enormous!!!" then you might be looking at the size 11.

introducing the brown boots!



and the black boots!


need a closer look?  in no particular order, here are their individual head [foot] shots.

ONE


TWO


THREE


FOUR


FIVE


SIX


SEVEN
and then my baby was yelling at me like she wanted to punch my face.  so i grabbed a few gallons of milk and we went home for lunch.  i know it would have been really great to be able to grab a skirt and haul all those boots to a dressing room to see how they look with my skinny calves but with a kid, there was just no way that was gonna happen.

so what do you think?  i think one is my favorite because i like the color and the buckles and the slouchiness.  but they're not as comfortable because of the heel and i do wish they were taller.  two was the most comfortable and the most expensive at $45.  it also comes in a not so useful brownish gray color.  i wish they came in straight up gray.  and for what it's worth, when i was trying on three, some lady was walking by and stopped to tell me that the boots looked fabulous.  and also that she liked my jeans.  and that she liked baby's pink boots as well.  now that i think about it, she was very complimentary!

k, walk me through it.  rationalize with me.

9 comments:

Sara said...

Hm. This is the kind of post I love! It's so interactive and all! :)

Before I begin, you should know that I don't really like boots with heels. So. Take that how you will.

And here's what I think:
If you have to have heels, go with no. 5. I think those look the best on you. Although, no. 2 is a very close second. The rest I liked okay, but I thought most of the brown ones were too big for you in the calf. Basically, since you thought no. 2 was the most comfortable, I'd go with that. It's hard to justify looks for comfort in my book, especially if you're a mom.

Finally, the no. 4 boots are SASSY! I like them and don't like them all at the same time! :)

ok said...

Number 1. No question. I have an identical pair and love them! (and I think they look best on you.)

Jeff said...

I like 1, 4, and 5!

Karen said...

I'm so with you on the brown thing. I'm so much more of a brown girl than black!! I love brown themed outfits. Sorry I have to say all the boots are cute. I'm no help

Diana C. said...

I like one and fice

Cherie (and sometimes Senor) said...

I like 3, 4, and 5. For black boots for mostly church I'd say go for a heel, pretty basic and classic. The brown since you're wearing them alot more I'd say go for comfort first and foremost. I think the heel is cute but would you wear them as often? If flat is most comfortable...go with flat for brown. Don't worry about price, buy what is comfortable and what you'll wear otherwise it's a waste of money. This is the lesson I've had to learn the HARD way over the years. You might "save" money up front but if you don't love it or wear it then you've wasted it...let us know the final verdict! P.S. You should check 6pmshoes.com; good prices lots of selection and cheap shipping!

Lyndel said...

three! And the lady at the store was right... you looked great in them :)

Cherie said...

I have the number one boots and LOVE them. I actually have them in grey also because I liked them that much. I get compliments on them all the time. :) That being said, I'm not great with flat boots because I mostly wear mine to church. My lower half is not nearly as tiny as yours and I'm not convinced yet that I can pull off the jeans in the boots thing. :) You look adorable though! Good luck and I love this post! I think I'll need to try this out sometime. I'm the pickiest person known to man when it comes to clothes!

kpj said...

One, Two and Five. In this order: 5, 1, 2. 5 and 1 you can wear to church but 2 looks most wearable during the week!