Tuesday, November 22, 2011

an unexpected birthday present!

a week ago last sunday, baby girl decided she would like to start waking up around 7 instead of her usual between 8 30 and 9 30.  this lasted for a whole week but ended on my birthday.  hooray!  i woke up to the sound of a text (from my blogging sister emmy!) but i could hear that my phone was in the kitchen.  this immediately woke me up all the way because, weird, i for sure had my phone on my nightstand when i went to bed.  did baby steal my phone?  does that mean she's awake?  so christopher must be home already.  did he get her out of bed?

well, yes he was home from his church meetings, but baby girl was actually still sleeping.  he'd stolen my phone!

so when i went into the kitchen he said "okay, i have news for you and you're going to really love it or really hate it."

long pause.

"you're not speaking in church today."

WHAT?!?!  well, apparently bishop forgot that members of the stake were coming to speak in our ward and they couldn't be rescheduled.  so all of us regular speakers assigned had to be bumped to three sundays from now.  GREAT!

so that's why he'd taken my phone, because he didn't know if i'd set my alarm and he wanted me to be able to sleep in on my birthday.  i did a happy dance and then ate the french toast breakfast he was planning on serving me in bed.  then baby woke up and the three of us all played like a precious little happy family and it was just marvelous.

and i opened up my present.  and it was great.  honey got me a fire station for my christmas village!  i don't really care about presents and so it works out well that he can just give me a village piece for my birthday so i can enjoy it during the christmas season.  he also got a smaller church building and the most adorable little hot chocolate (and cookie) stand, which is seriously amazing and i love it way more than the fire station even though it's so much smaller.  so anyways, we didn't get any pictures of it but i'll need to take some when we get back home so we can remember.  we decided we're going to get little stickers for the bottom of all of the village pieces so we can mark the date and know when each one was added.  i think it'll be fun years down the road to know that sort of stuff.

and then church was great and i wore my new brown boots and a new dress to church which was fun.  and i didn't even mess up the songs at all while i was leading music during sacrament meeting.  and all in all it was just a real nice birthday.

1 comment:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Happy happy (a little belated) birthday!!

So are you sad that it's not over and done with or happy that you didn't have to speak on your birthday?