Tuesday, November 1, 2011

it's noteworthy to me

i know there are bigger things that have happened (like halloween), and about 150 pictures from the past week or two that have still yet to be blogged, but it will all have to wait.  because tonight i am loving three things in particular.

1. this kid's eating preferences.  

just the other day someone asked me if she'll eat anything i give her.  the answer?  yes.  but she has to be in the mood for it.  she can go for days hating something and then she'll decide she needs to eat only that thing for her entire meal.  

like how for the past four days she was wanting nothing to do with tomatoes and then this afternoon when i asked her if she wanted tomato (like i have for every meal....) she said "yes" and i was sure it was a fluke.  no fluke.  that gal devoured the entire tomato like a wayward surfer during shark week.  

and today, i was cutting up sweet potatoes and apples to steam (steaming is my very favorite thing these days... how i lived without a steamer for 25 years i'll just never know.  it is a lazy person's dream!) and my child, the begger starts grunting in that pre-meltdown sort of manner.  so i give her a slice of apple.  no go.  i try five more times.  still no go.  i ask her if she wants the sweet potato.  "yes." [signs "please"] and then i explain to her that it's not cooked and she'll have to wait.  wrong answer.  so finally i just give her a chunk of sweet potato.  well, long story short, she happily gnaws on it for the next 20 minutes and screams every time i try to take it away.  seriously kid?  raw sweet potato?

anyways, the other day (one of the many i had her in her bunny costume!) i made her peas and she would not have them.  what'd she want?  the frozen ones straight from the package.  i even tried to fake her out like i was pulling the cooked peas from the package but once she touched it she knew.  only cold, frozen peas would do.  she knew exactly what she wanted.  yikes

oh the little pinchers!

frozen

2. remember when i told you about how my sweet grandmother bitterly betrayed me?

well, like mother like daughter, because yesterday i got this in the mail.  or should i say, abigail hillier got this in the mail.  there is something wrong when my one year old gets more mail than i do.

seriously?  again?

i didn't even get a shout out
3.  have no fear.  the war zone is gone.  my bathroom is back to it's orderly, spartan, everyday state.



and in case you were wondering, i was awake from 3-4am this morning.  my honey woke up early for a 9am business meeting in wyoming.  the best part... he was back by 7.  the less than best part?  he's been passed out on our sofa since 8 pm.  it's a little strange to me how often he's out before our baby.  only a little though.

3 comments:

Cherie said...

First of all, I LOVE the bunny costume. I would have her in that all the time to! Adorable. Second, will you please send baby girl my way to teach my boys to like anything I put in front of them? Brody used to be a great eater but now not so much. I could use the help! Third, can I move into your bathroom? It's amazing! :)

Lydia said...

Haha She is so cute and funny. Kids and food...one of my least favorite battles in life now. And Yor bathroom looks great! I just read your post before and laughed at the before. Sundays are the worst for our bathroom and kitchen!!

Marianne said...

Lucy loves frozen peas too--what's the deal??