Sunday, October 30, 2011

trunk or treat

saturday was our ward's fall festival/chili cook-off/trunk or treat. our sweet girl was a little bunny and i'm not much for costumes so i wore my orange sweater and black pants. i called myself the official mascott of halloween. my christopher dressed up as santa. it confused quite a few kids.

baby is chomping on a [wrapped] sucker. i was sooo excited about collecting candy this year since baby was only 3 months old last halloween. sooo i'm a little bit bitter about how trunk or treating went down... to say the least. i either got comments from people like "ohhh this is for mommy, isn't it?" or "hmmm, let me find something she can have. here! have a sucker!" as if a nazi mom like me is going to actually give their baby sugar.  it's all about having a positive experience.  does it really matter who's going to eat this crap?  so we cheerfully said "thanks!" and went on our way. thanks? yeah right. i just handed over $15 of milkyways, 3 musketeers, snickers, and twix for santa to hand out to your make-the-rounds-eight-times-kids, don't give my baby a single dum dum and send us on our way.  i got like eight suckers and only 3 pieces of chocolate.  that. is. not. good. enough.  i know i know... i'm a grinch. i really don't care because i'm too busy laughing about it.  i just get a kick about such a double standard.  my husband is giving out good candy to your kids, so get your husband to give out good candy to my kid.  got it?  got it.


one of my favorite things about halloween candy is that you get to eat candy you wouldn't normally buy, or didn't even know existed. my favorite from last night? some sort of starburst gummi gushers. delish.


i used to recieve a card like this every halloween from my precious and adoring grandmother. sadly, not this year.



i feel so betrayed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the bunny suit! Plus side: since she probably won't have outgrown it by spring, she could wear it at Easter, too!