Monday, October 10, 2011

where do my days go?

i feel brain dead.

when i was in highschool/college, i took adderall like every other add kid i went to school with.  it helped me tremendously.  i stopped taking it after i got married because i didn't want to take any risk at all of getting pregnant while taking that medication.  and i haven't used it since.  to compensate, i've made a number of lifestyle changes.  i try much harder to get adequate sleep.  i write things down because i'm a very visual learner.  i have become a little ocd and over the top when it comes to organizing, keeping things clean and orderly, etc.  and i make important things a strong habit because i tend to be very flighty, even on things that would seem extra basic.  so normally i'm feeling pretty good about things.  but not lately.  and especially not today.

i can't even type it or explain it because, like i said, my head feels like a whirlwind/full of static/braindead/empty/overcrowded.  i did manage to menu plan for this week and buy everything i needed plus tons of fruits and veggies.  it is a happy situation when my giant wire fruit bowl (remember it liza? you gave it to me when i got married!) is overflowing like it is.  it's a beautiful sight for sure.  i also made this recipe for spinach stuffed shells with meat sauce tonight and put part of it in the freezer for another time and part in the fridge for tomorrow so i can just pop it in the oven and have dinner.  but seriously, i think it took me over an hour and half to make it.  i have no idea why because it was really straightforward, but i'm really just hoping it tastes like it fell straight from heaven.

baby was on such good behavior shopping today (we went to target earlier and of course this monumental shopping trip to walmart tonight which i swear took at least two hours, you should see my receipt) thank goodness.  and tonight after dinner (she happily gobbled down her steamed broccoli and carrots while i stuffed my face with doritos bless her itty bitty heart) i let her stay up way past her bedtime because she was being sooo cute and sooo happy and absolutely adorable reading and playing with her toys and making faces at me.  and because my honey is in phoenix til tomorrow night.  she's such a good buddy.  i don't know what i'd do if i had to stay here by myself at night.  or be by myself ever.  i'm not a fan of being by myself.

anyways, this is a completely pointless post but, in the effort of blogging regardless of how much i don't have going on, i give you this strange jumble of a mind dump.

but let me leave you with these parting words:  electric blankets are the most amazing invention ever.  since we got a beautiful blanket of snow saturday morning, i decided it was winter enough for me to pull out our electric blanket and oh my goodness!  i turn it on high a little while before i get in bed and it's like jumping in a pile of clothes/sheets/towels fresh out of the dryer. except it stays hot.  forever.  so i say unto thee... get one.  now.  it is worth every penny.

oh and ps- we booked our tickets for christmas!  atlanta here i come!!!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I have a recipe very similar to that. It's really good, so I hope you enjoyed your dinner. So excited you have tickets for Christmas!