Tuesday, June 26, 2012

screen shots

from yesterday.

shortly after i had baby girl, i signed up for a million and one email things that would hopefully send me coupons or alert me to good deals on baby things i would need.  well, it's been almost two years and i've been trudging through them daily, forgetting that they're only an option.  luvs email?  haven't actually opened on of those in who knows how long... i wonder if i'm missing out on something.  so i opened up the email titled "get BIG savings on a whole lotta luvs - one week only!" and was... not impressed.  first, amazon is way way cheaper.  second, it says the every day price is $15.75!  a whopping 75 cents qualifies as "BIG savings" these days?!  maybe next time they should title their email "$15 box of diapers!  this week only you can save a huge 75 cents on your purchase!  in case you're not that great at math, it's a whole 4.7% off the every day low price!"



and then i unsubscribed.

this left me more time to moan about the current colorado heat wave going on.  because i'm nostalgic, when i checked the weather for parker, i also checked the weather for atlanta.  108* on friday?!  with a tropical storm?! 



 i'll try to limit my moaning for the duration of the week.

yesterday i spent an hour on the phone with a very polite guy, eric, from the costco computer customer service line.  my warranty for my computer ends in 12 days and i've been having some issues with my battery so i decided to call in and see if there was anything costco could do for me.  this experience went as well as it possibly could have because talking to this guy never made me hate him.  even a time or two when something came up he would say "i'll let you check on that and give you a call back in ten minutes."  he was wonderful.  the downside?  apparently my computer battery sucks but it doesn't suck enough to warrant a replacement battery.  



eric said to keep running the test for the next 12 days.  so now i'm basically just crossing my fingers that my battery will die already.  although i'm sure that'll probably end up happening on lucky day 13 or something.  i guess i'll just have to start saving my pennies.

No comments: